The quest for the 40cm+ bream

James and I went to west lakes on the quest for the 40cm bream. Straight away when we got there, we got some takes and James managed a nice 36cm bream already! P1070927.jpgP1070932.jpgAlways good to have a catch and release session. Anyways, we persisted into some smaller bream and landed another decent one which was 34cm. P1070934.jpgFished on for another 5 hrs and landed numerous small ones with the occasional decent bream. We finished the day with two 36cm bream and five 35-33cm bream. Another good session with most fish being legal but of course, all fish released :):headbang:P1070945.jpgP1070956.jpgWe didn't manage to land a 40cm+ bream but... :(

nice going Alex what were they caught on mate bait or lure ?any video always enjoy watching your lil sessions only 4cm off keep at it bud cheers 4THA

Haha cheers 4THA, they were caught on bait, I am working on the video right now! It probably won't be up until next week though. The last session we had I got a 37cm bream and James got a 39cm bream. Only 1cm off!!!! :woohoo: :P

Save up for a yak mate and get into the plastic side of bream fishing….. you'll get plenty of 40's then ;)http://youtu.be/PbrJfqWWuM8http://youtu.be/lSWnMHhjEGghttp://youtu.be/C-czuNNvtUgAnd some you just can't stop lolhttp://youtu.be/fhVd2WPdKS0

Haha yeah I should aye, I've watched every single one of your vids because I am a big fan! Your videos have inspired me to get a 40cm+ bream ;)

You will get one when your not trying to i bet . I am always getting 40+cm Bream as bye catch , when your not trying to get the Bream they can actually get annoying , believe it or not . Keep cracking on tho young fella and you will get there . Also know of a spot where you can try , a mate landed 4 Bream and none where under 45cm and the best went 53cm .

@Kayak Noob: They are challenging but if you keep fishing for em, you'll work out a way. We used unweighted pilchard cubes with a small hook. ;) @jimbojames and Nanman: Haha that's what I always say aswell. From all my mates who's caught 40cm bream, they've caught them as a by-catch for mullies. :pinch:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Love your work mate.That 40cm bream is just a cast away.Just make sure you tie good knots coz its gonna know every trick in the book and pull harder than a freight train.And I hope you enjoy every minute of the fight, coz 40+ breambos really get me grinning.What bait are you using, I still swear by fresh live bloodworms, they catch me more bream than any other bait.I just wish I could crack 44cm, been stuck on 43 for more than 12 months. :blink: By the way, really love the catch and release, :headbang::headbang:

CHeers guys!@Tinker: Cheers for the positive comments! We used pilchard chunks and I only wish to break the 43cm mark! Well done, that's a pretty decent fish. I hope I get some 40cm+ bream this weekend and maybe even my first mully ;) @queeny: That sounds awesome! I sure will let you know if I don't break the 40cm mark before April. Must be a real secret spot to have that many 40cm fish :)

You will get that 40+ bream Alex' date=' just got to find him and fool him.On another note, how do you get ur baits past all the tiny bream? Gave it a go the other day and only got it to a decent fish 3 times, the rest picked off.[/quote']Cheers fished out, I use pilchard cubes which usually stay on the hook really well. I got a tip to keep it on the hook, just hook the bait and pull the hook through it. Do that a few times and it should stay on a bit longer. ;)
  • 2 months later...