Okay, I'll admit it I am yet to have a fish in 2014. No, not catch a fish, have a fish. At all. Haven't even looked at my fishing gear yet! :woohoo: It's been a reasonably busy summer both at work and at home so now that it's starting to wind down I am hoping the Salmon start showing up and I can get my first fish in. Over the last few years I've decided that Salmon are by far my favourite fish to catch. Most of my quality gear was bought with chasing Salmon around 1kg for sport in mind. I heard some good reports at the shop of fish over 45cm being caught by guys out in the boats within the last few weeks, so hopefully that means a few will be showing up landbased soon.Anyone cracking into these beauties yet? Don't want ya spots, just want to know if you've got 'em at all yet. :P:laugh:

I haven't been out the end of the breakwater at St Kilda for over 2 months, been targeting the breambos at the other end instead.Will be hitting up the stones at Outer Harbour over the weekend, so will throw out a few blades and vibes and see what jumps on.Hopefully this winter brings a good salmon season with it, last year was a bit average.

I too love chasing salmon from the sand, probably the fish I've had the most success with since coming to Australia. Using lightweight gear flicking metal lures and walking the beach makes it heaps of fun. Hoping for a better season this year as I found last year to be fairly average as well.

Went and had a little fish off the rocks out the front of the shop this morning as it's pretty slow here.Bam, bam, bam troutie after troutie all decent size, all released. Even got a double header on the one lure! One on the front treb and one on the back! :P Using a Duo Toto and just cranking it in fast. Good, quick session and some nice fish to get me back in the game.