• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a nice squid ;), funny though my squid was just under a metre not fully stretched, sure if i stretched it i coulda got 5-10cms :lol: . but the tube was only 38cm...........your tube was 63.2 i think ya squids way outa proportion champ, think about it. my squid was only 5-6cms smaller and your tube was 25.2 cms larger. science fiction more like it :lol:You could only get 63cm measurement if u included the head and small tenticles thats not a tube measurement fella :silly:. theres no way a southern calamari of around a metre is gona have a tube of 63.2cms................good squid though, a tube of around 39-40 for 105cm squid would be on the mark, now if your squid was 1.5 meters then 63.2 tube would be plausable B)

and this is why sites like this shit me...u ask me a question, i answer it and now im lying. i will ring my mate again tommorrow at sardi and get some photoed measurements just to prove it to u mate as it such a huge thing lie about ..ill keep posts to myself from now...did my sambo look in proportion...57lb 147cm.

growing up on the west caost ... caught quite a few in the 40+ range and my best from memorie was 52cm tube. using hand lines with 20lb line, never really used rods much for squid. as generally only had my light line with me and the hand line. also fished the Fowlers area and saw some big ones up there, but best i got was 35-40 up there. and personally.. i prefer a good sized cuttlefish... hmmmmmmm so tastey!!!

@bream_basher, not saying your squid isnt 105cm obviously from the photo u can tell its around the meter mark. the 63 tube doesnt fit mate, sounds like the measurment included the head. ive got the photos of the 98 cm squid with 38 cm tube nice healthy proportioned squid. yours is what 7cm larger and yet the tube is 25 cm bigger......funny looking squid!What the hells ya sambo got to do with it, anyone can jump on a charter and catch a fish, lol no kudos points for that! @ DEL nice del, that 52 woulda been a cracka, mate of mine fishes the victor area and gets a few over 50 every year, monsters

@ bream_basher, not calling you a liar or anything. Your picture it the biggest squid i've ever seen but the tube is easily less than half of the full length in that picture and if it was 105cm full stretch that means the tube would definitely be less than 50cm. Unless got you the full stretch wrong and you meant to say it was longer.Regardless of this that is a bloody impressive cephalopod! In future if you don't want people questioning your catch i'd just chuck it on a brag mat or put something in the photo that people can put to scale. I always use a brag mat so no one can ever question me :woohoo: hate being called a liar! For example dutchxfishers second photo of his squid has what looks like a 20L bucket to the right of the photo and as they are 30cm in diameter by comparison i'd say that squid is 35cm give or take a cm or two. I'd just bring a tape measure along next time :) nothing worse than being called out.Cheers Tom

If you lot wanna argue don't let me get in ya way, but I thought something different when I looked at that picture.I thought the length was actually UNDERestimated, coz a person's wingspan is the same as their height (measure it and see).I figured the guy in the picture to be about 5'8" to 5'10" so I figured the way he had his arms held out, the length was closer to about 4-5' (1.2-1.5m) instead of 1.05m but hey, that's just me and I've been wrong before!

Guest SuperThahn

I really am not sure bream basher? I think you should take some of your valuable time to answer some bullshit questions that people like crocker have asked. I am sure you dont have any better things to do :blink: Come on guys the thing is bloody huge. Who cares what its total length is. Saying he is lying about it is carrying on like a bunch of pre menstral women.then saying you do not get kudos for catching a samson on a charter??? come on!What decent fish have you caught off your own back not on a charter.There are not many people that have the balls or experience to go out to sambo grounds and catch fish.i can say this is one of the main reasons i post bugger all about my fishing exploits.

cheers guys for the comments left. a brag matt is def something i will be investing in this weekend.i guess i took it a bit persoanll as i dont like being told my stories are science fiction.the sambo thing kinda topped it off for me as well, i know there were 2 other good fisho on the charter with me that would of loved to catch that fish and it about the 3rd charter i have been on tryng to catch one "or any fish of 50lb plus".crocka, i appreciate where ur comin from mate with the squid maybe some where along the measurement line i have messed up as the fact were sent to me from my mate. either way its a big squid that i thought i would like to share on the site.cheers guys!

hey bream basher i memba the day u got that squid aye frigin sperm whales would leave that mother alone. how frigin messy was the thing and how i thought i was seein things wen the tube was mesured :blink: definatly a squidding session i will never forget and somthin that will stick in my mind to try and catch we so have to go back to that spot agin great. squid mate and like i have said before and the day wen u caught it bloody well doe brocheers p.s just for everyone i witnessed the tube being mesured and can varify that it is correct info :)

look i just seen a measurement that simply has to be wrong, just think about it its frikn obvious, the tube might be 60 point whatever, which means the total length would have to be 1.5 meters or so. and what decent fish have i caught not on a charter............farken plenty mateyeah probly paying money to catch sambos is one thing as u need a big boat etc,etc....... but catching fish on your on boat doin the hard yards and work is worth more than someone else doin the work for you anytime.like i said basher nice squid pity bout the measurement thing

fullysikwog wrote:

im prtey sure there talking about samson fish man

Yes and the thread is about largest SQUID nothing to do with Sampson Fish, come on lads,its not really fair on the original poster of the thread to be argueing about that,by all means share your differences civilly ,you are a bunch of top fishos by the look of it with valued opinions,but its getting a bit sidetracked.Cheers B)
  • 3 months later...