Outer Harbour Garfish and st

P1080233.jpgHad another great day with James fishing around Outer harbour. We fished for gar at first with no luck for the first 2hrs. But I did manage a small zebra fish thing. P1080197.jpgLater on, the gar started to turn on, we got em cast after cast! B) Most of the gar were legal sized from 24cm to 26cm. Later on, we moved spots and managed to land around 30 odd bream. Cast after cast aswell! :woohoo: All released of course. But they soon tuned off the bite. We flicked for st with lures and James managed to get his first on a FLY while he was demonstrating how to cast with my rod! :silly: P1080218.jpgP1080229.jpgP1080236.jpgAnother awesome day, saw some silver drummer, snapper, mullies, whiting, sweep and morwong but we couldn't get em interested. :( Although James did hook a HUGE (70cm+) snapper on bread right at the rocks! It unfortunately spat the hook as it was a garfish hook :P We were spewing. :c
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey boys. Myself and a mate went there the other week and bagged out on gar 30+ cm's. Couple burley pellets had them going like crazy. Also saw some absolutely monsterous sweep.

Havent had any luck with the snapper or dog sharks though? Any tips lads?

Cheers

howie

Great work! Sounds like you caught a nice feed, we haven't caught proper snapper or dog sharks before so we don't know much :P The snapper was just a surprise! that was the most unusual thing we saw that day. Smashing bread off the surface! :o

Thanks mate. Wasnt a bad feed to be honest :P

My mates only ever caught one pansize snapper suprisingly on a squidgie that he chucked out as a joke.

Smashing bread off the surface. Thats crazy. By the way I suggest taking the crab nets down next time you head down. Because we brought up some monster blueys on our shark baits. Was a crazy day of fishing to be honest!