Filleting versus cooking whole

Just wondering what other do when it comes to preparing for cooking??

These days I tend to keep my (cleaned) fish whole and cook it, allowing me to pick away and get the most out of it. Fillets are great for battering etc but it seems as though there's always going to be a bit of wastage no matter how good the technique. I also find cooking whole leaves me with a softer, juicier flesh.

It very much depends on what im cooking, so a bit of everything really.

Often i scale, fillet and leave the skin on. A light flour and on the bbq plate with bit of butter/olive oil. Im not bothered by skin so will either eat it or leave it on the plave when eating. Love skin-on snapper fillets, bbqed crispy with a bit of bacon fat!

Skin if crumbed.

Whole baked/poached works well, particularly for fish that are tricky to fillet like bream, sweep, flounder ect. If i ever buy fresh trout i always poach them whole wrapped in foil with sliced lemon & fresh sage. Just need to make sure they are not overcooked otherwise the bones all come away with the flesh. If just cooked the flesh comes off, leaving the bones all intact. Easy eating!