Give you a tip mate.

Dip them in metho when alive then put them in small containers and freeze straight away.

When you use them keep them in the shade and as cool as possible.

This method gives you firm and reliable worms for fussy bream, and they don't mind the metho one bit.

I tried salting them live, but they squirt the blood out, and end up mushy after being frozen.

Usually dig for them at low tides below .20m, and when used live, are one of the best baits out.

However during the bloodworm run, using them as bait will be useless, coz most of the fish that eat them will be fat and full.

OK so we've got a new moon next friday.....worth going for a bait colletion session on the run-out tide that night/early sat morning or is the July run usually a stronger one?

As Ive mentioned above, July & August are the months a few days after the new moon when you can scoop them up from the surface. Easy as unless the weather is against you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so we had the new moon sunday night just gone. I was thinking of having a dab off the OH breakwater....just few queries for those in the know:

• Are tuesday/wednesday the nights to go?
  • With high tides around 1800hrs and low midnight, what time is it good to head out- in terms of how much into the run-out tide until its worthwhile?
  • Are the predicted NW winds useful?  Blowing them into the OH breakwater?

Anyone else out there keen on teeing up a group LB bait collection session?

Sorry that did not really help answer your questions. So "I my opinion only"

/ leave it till Wednesday 

/ 8pm on-wards should work

/ Yes the wind will help push them to the shore but will make it very hard to see them with the waves it will push up. 

Try around the yacht club at outer harbor it might be more protected. 

Indeed, nice one

Half doz or so blokes up on the fishing platform when i arrived at round 2115. 

Quick G'day to Kelvin and i netted mine from the platform's footings just below.

1/4-1/3 a 10lt bucket in 35min. Took me longer to get there than collect what i wanted!

Easier than cockling and didnt even get wet.  1000s were just floating right past the rocks at your feet. A most satifying 1st time worming session.

A pleasant evening, not all cold, farily calm and gentle winds. Beat staying home watching :censored: on TV.

Recon ive 'saved' $300 based on the price i paid for a little tub at the tackle shop last week :) .

bloodworms 140730.JPG!

Got there after 8, left around 11 last night so a couple of hours work. The quantity in the water got more as the night went on but i reckon they where smaller. Anywho, 2/3 a decent sized bucket full is going to keep the freezer nice abd full, now to use them. Was an interesting car ride back down south with them between my legs!!

Got there after 8, left around 11 last night so a couple of hours work. The quantity in the water got more as the night went on but i reckon they where smaller. Anywho, 2/3 a decent sized bucket full is going to keep the freezer nice abd full, now to use them. Was an interesting car ride back down south with them between my legs!!

:clap: Bucket with a lid (lid on!). Bucket inside a plastic tub. All in the boot. Easy.