It was a pretty good run. If you were in a boat Thurs or Fri night there were plenty. Not that many boats at Outer Harbour end. Finaly finished sorting, bagging & freezing a total of 283 bags around midday today.

yep i struggled friday night landbased as most of the worms were about 1m out of reach

i wish i went out in the boat like i original planned :(

Hay keen fisho where did you get the vac sel from and is there a bag limit and is auguest better then julys thanks

cant answer the which time is better and dont think there is a bag limit.

got the vacuum packer through one of my supplier as i sell commercial kitchen equipment.

its only a cheap chinese made unit, it is no better than a unit you would get from harveys but does the job.

only reason i got this one was the price and got a heap of bag rolls chucked in :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching this thread like a hawk, really appreciate the info and reports everyones been posting up, think I may have to grab greasey E and head out on the next best opportunity and give this a crack, I'm a bit green on the boating scene so would be a great learning curve.

G'day all. Haven't contributed much lately due to a serious lack of fishing. :(

But I have been following this thread and after missing the last 2 runs I was keen to have a go last night. Met up with Vxman in the OH car park by the platform about 8.30pm. The lads on the platform said it had been very slow, but they were just starting to get a few. So we found a decent spot on the rocks and had the torches illuminating the surrounding water for anything that looked wormy! It was slow, but we were picking up a few here and there and having a bit of a laugh as I tried to perfect the technique without losing my very dodgey pool net and/or fall in. Had a slow but steady flow for about an hour, but after that they really slowed down so we gave it up about 10.30pm. Probably would've picked up a few more, but there was a flotilla of small boats scooping like crazy just up river from where we were. Honed the netting skills so well I managed to scoop up a little Occy that was cruising around! ;)

We had beautiful conditions last night and it was a great way to spend a couple of hours, learnt a few things for next time and got a couple sessions worth of bait so all good! :)

Worms+Occy.jpg

Worm prep essentials.jpg

Drying worms.jpg

Drying after Meths.jpg

Bagged.jpg

Looks like a feast you have there, wine and bloodworms.

Hey pirate, I was the guy that turned up a bit later and was picking up the suckers you missed just to your left. I saw the pool net and was thinking that was a much better idea. Nice and light and lets the water through a bit better, I'd stick to that. Was my first time out and tried at the yacht squadron boat ramp and surrounding rocks but nothing was happening so shifted to OH. Feeling crook as a dog with a dodgy cold which explained my slipping and sliding on the rocks but I'd been building myself up for this so wasn't going to miss it. My wife thinks it's amusing a grown man wants to catch worms....... Like mentioned it was slow going but once the boats cruised past the length of the banks it was almost all over. I was probably picking up one every 10-15 minutes at that stage. I walked a little further down the breakwater but it wasn't much better so called it a night.

Now I know someone from Strike Hook but only by the size of his pole.

Nice to chat to you Zorgs, sorry we didn't let a few more through mate. ;):P

The pool net was OK, but the extendable inner tube has nothing to stop it falling out apart from pressure/ bend in the pole, so had to let the wider ones go to save losing the net end! Was our first time too and will definitely be up for it next year. Hope you ended up with a few. :)

Some crazy cats out there in their boats, some lit up like Xmas trees and others with a torch and no other lights at all! Nearly had the older couple on the rocks with us at one point! :o

Vino and Octopus goes down well! :lol: