Summers Coming ;)

Hey ash

The other little status with the leather and gold bindings was hiding in the rod stack havnt got a reel as yet to run on it.

The rod running my 80 on it is a wilson live fibre with leathers and aftco over size rollars sick rod man loads up killa on big sharks

I'm running 50 pound saltiga braid on the dogfight I wish I had a line counter on it coz it swolled so much braid

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys use coated hooks, or wrap your hooks in electrical tape or anything, or have you found it doesn't make a difference?

Wondering, if it is the done thing, whether that plasti dip spray paint you can get would have the same effect, and be a little neater than heat shrink or electrical tape?

I use heat shrink at all my joins and always use nylon coated wire! Don't coat the hooks with anything tho! Cheers

Thanks for that! Whats the go with the heat shrink on the joins? Does it stop them catching/chafing/rubbing, is it something to do with the shark being able to sense the metal, or is it purely a cosmetic thing?

It's good in a few ways I suppose obviously to help with any electrical pulses sharks detect but also good to see weather or not u had a hit if unsure. A lot Easier to detect teeth marks or scuff in the heat shrink then bare nylon coating.

And yes also the cosmetic side the trace looks abit neater, not that a shark would care at all lol