Summers Coming ;)

Yeah just neatens up all the joins n I notice it helps stop rust of your wire which can help get better use out of the trace and stops them detecting the wire! It does look neat as well not that that matters haha as abarbz said! It's just preference really the whole bottom between my 2 hooks is covered with heat shrink! Cheers

Dutchy the crappy little snap swivel is what I clip the balloon to. I have a game snap swivel on the end of my wind ons which clips to the big swivel on the top of the wire (or the top of the abrasion leader if I'm using one)

No way would I ever use a crappy little K-Mart snap to connect my main line to my wire ;)

You can see the big snap I use in this pic of my 9/0 (and yes I know its a crappy china built one :P )

10557361_10152591992755141_1375809205364

Put in two overnight sessions this weekend (friday night and saturday night) even though I know its quite early in the season. Went to semaphore on Friday night for absolutely nothing, despite managing to get the balloon out 150-200 yards very easily. Couple of big doggies pulled off the bottom and a bag of 52 tommies keep things moderately interesting.

Went to Henley last night. Few guys already sharking there when we got there, but were struggling to get the balloons out. A mate put a balloon out eventually, but struggled to get it more than 40-50m off the jetty, despite a nice easterly. Again, plenty of doggies around, also managed a few squid, gar, and even some big pilchards (definitely not slimeys).

Epic, and I mean ridculous amounts of sea lice at both jetties on both nights though, Balloon baits and bottom baits alike.......more lice than sand out there at the moment I reckon :P

Yeah I did end up going down for a look lastnight as a mate of mine went out for a crack. Same thing balloons struggled to get 50meters out and when he did he packed it in and left to try and get some more bait.

I Rekon I saw those pilchards ur talking about. I thought they were gar or baby snook but then a school rocked up and yeah they were Definatly Pillies spewing no choona chased them in lol.

• 1 month later...

There the main set ups

Wonna smash big sharks on spin this year so baught the saltiga dogfight and see how we go

Have an Avet 30w on the way also

Hi guys, looks like you guys got it covered tackle wise. Water is warming nicely at. Makaira is supposed to tuff as nails apparently too.cheers

They Definatly are man. I don't care what anyone says about okuma the salina 2 and makairas are Awsome things. Salina still hasn't let me down after the beating its copped over the years

I thort you finaly blew that Salina up barbz aha

Should be getton the yak out somewhere sat nighy fingers crossed

I got the new tiagra 50w to break in.. 30w needs the dust wiped off and my torsa is still sore from gettin smoked earlyer this year aha i took all light gear one weekend and hookd the most bigs, to bad landin them at this place is impossible

I thort you finaly blew that Salina up barbz aha

Should be getton the yak out somewhere sat nighy fingers crossed

I got the new tiagra 50w to break in.. 30w needs the dust wiped off and my torsa is still sore from gettin smoked earlyer this year aha i took all light gear one weekend and hookd the most bigs, to bad landin them at this place is impossible

That's the way dude. There around that's for sure ; )

Well the drag doesn't click anymore but still goes hard man haha. The thing probably won't see the water again coz I've got the saltingas now but I bet I put that out next to the saltiga, hook up a shark on the salina and a ray on the saltiga lol Definatly a lucky reel.

But yeah start Dustin them off bro. There around metro that's for sure