Shimano Terez and Talica combo

Hey Crew

Looking at getting another overhead combo for the start of summer to target a range of species including Tuna, Sharks, Kingies, Mulloway and anything else willing to take a lure, jig, live bait or dead bait.

I have done a fair bit of research into different combinations and weighed up the positives and negatives of spin verse overhead with the overhead combination winning out due to being more versatile IMO. In the past I have rushed into buying rods and reels and as a result have ended up with a decent collection but one that is more suited to targeting individual species with limitations when crossing over. 

Expectations from the combo

- Line capacity > 450m of 50lb braid

- Ability to cast live and unweighted baits

- Strength and durability  

-  > 50lb line class

- < 7 ft

- < 700 gram reel weight   

- > 12 kg drag 

At the end of the day I want a reliable outfit that gets the job done in a number of circumstances from trolling lures along the north coast of KI, bottom bouncing offshore reefs, catching snapper, metro sharks and targeting mulloway " Targeting" being the important word.  Yes I know some people will be thinking wow little bit heavy for snapper or crikey he wants a lot from a rod but sometimes I target snapper in areas that could result in a hook up with anything.

So far I have narrowed in down to 

A Shimano Talica 10, 12 or 16  match to  a Shimano Terez 6ft 6 40 to 100lb

If anyone fishes the same scenarios and has a combo that they swear by I would appreciate any input or advice.

Cheers

:D

Have a look at the torsa's.. Great reel, not the greatest casting reel but in the boat it wouldnt be a worry. I have the 30 but the 16 or 20 would be ideal for you. Has interchangeable drag cams you can get for bottom bashin and other scenarios, comes with the lrs cam

Not a huge fan of the terez's but still good rods for the money

Maybe check out the Shimano ocea jiggers as well mate, they do have a star drag but all the reviews say they are faultless and a little cheaper as well. You might want a slightly shorter rod if you are going to be primarily fishing from a boat. I have heard the Talica are awesome, I would suggest the 16 would be the ideal size to cross over as many applications as possible, the single speed is meant to be better for jigging but the 2 speed would probably be better for all other applications.