Last seasons tuna

nice looking fish in the second pic man, what was your biggest last season? ours was only 15-16kg  as opposed to 23 ish the year before and lost bigger.

so skittish last season we found, too many clowns running all over them with no idea!!!! hopfully those guys did their dough and patience last year and stay away this year because all they did was make it hard for the rest of us!

pm me if ya keen as im hot to get onto them early and am keen to share results and areas with like minded anglers.

jellybeens.JPG

Tuna6 (2).JPG

Hey baitwaster the biggest I got was 22kg but my mate who's boat we fished from his biggest was 25kg! And yeah I noticed plenty of people running through the schools so we tried just finding schools to ourselves which wasn't hard because there were 100s out there! Yeah it shouldn't be to long till they start to turn up :) should be a good season again! Cheers guys

G'day

Nice pics and nice fish twinpower.  We went out about 5 or 6 times and hit the tuna twice, first time, 3 x 8kg, second time 12, 14, 18 and 20kg x 2.

First time catching tuna for us, but not the first try, very satisfying on many levels, not the least of which it was a bucket list item for me

Cheers

Rod

Here's my lad with one,  note there's another one on the line on the right

P1010930.JPG

we've been lucky and scored fish each trip and lost 1 we reckon would have give 35kg a nudge, had 1 really big day weather wise that was a bit crazy with the swell over 3m and the chop over 1m but generally have been lucky with the weather, we have had fish on the blind troll from bust ups and from as little as 1 or 2 birds but ya gota be watching all the time, its amazing what little hings will give up there location.

• 1 month later...