Was wondering what designated a 'bouy' cause those white foam ones aren't cheap.

Might be worth running a query via pirsa to confirm that one.

4 litre empty Caltex oil containers or similar work well. You can write on them ( counts as a tagged net  ) and they have a handle to tie your rope to. ;)

Good luck and get into em.

ooh drifting for sqidleys is great to pass the time between lifts 

mmmmm Squids n Crabs.

Oh yeah that makes sense! Just need to be white or painted such.

For some daft reason i pictured 20lt chemical drums in my head :facepalm: ...thinking 3'd be a tad cumbersome on the yak!

Hi Langley

The others have answered your question so I'll give you a quick update. Just got back from 9 days in Stansbury during which time I only managed to put the boat in the water twice due to the incessant 25knot winds. However, there are large blueys on the spit as well as squid, plenty of KGW if you move around and there are some really nice Gar (30-35cm) around as well. As usual, Tommies abound and their size is up in the 20-25cm range. The missus nearly got spooled by an unseen oogly on 6lb braid, main suspect was the grey doormat seen on the bottom shortly before her whiting bait took off for Port Giles! Shitties are around and are a PITA in the shallows.

Have Fun

Wahoo