Everyone who writes up a mulloway related post from the start of November 01/11/2014 until the end of November 30/11/2014 will go into a draw to win a Strike & Hook mulloway pack.

The pack consists of:
  • Swivel's Original SA Fish Measure
  • Swivel's Original Mozzie Off Neoprene Wristband
  • Swivel's Original Neoprene Sunglass Strap
  • Berkley Powerbait 4inch Nemesis x2 (Breen Chartreuse & Fire Tiger)
  • Berkley Bream Pro Nitro Jigheads (1/12oz)
  • Daiwa Basara 83s Hardbody x 2
  • Strike & Hook cap
  • Strike & Hook beanie

strike-hook-mulloway-comp.jpg

A massive thanks to new Strike & Hook sponsor Swivel's Original! Please check out www.swivelsoriginal.com for some great gear including the Swivel's Original Fish Measure and also the new BRAGMATe.

At the end of November a winner will be chosen by site moderators. A few things we will be looking for are a great story, detailed instructions, nice photos or video and nice flowing, well written content, so no one liners.

Get in there everyone and get up your reports, how to's or what ever else you can think of that is bream related.

To make things easy for us mods and so we don't miss any great posts. Please post your topic in the Strike & Hook Competitions section of the site. Topics will be moved to their appropriate sections after the comp has finished.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Nice one Bjorn.

Been thinking bout targeting some mullies on some nice warm nights coming our way.

Probably won't catch as many or as easily as SmokeyKebab and young Alex, but as I say, it's not quantity, it's quality.

That's what my ex girlfriend used to say as well, but she didn't like fishing so I traded her in for some crab nets....

G"day Bjorn,I use to chase mullies in the Port on lures hard for about 2 years,fishing the tides , it was a lot of hard work,was no point just rocking up and expecting to catch.

You had to spend time on the water sometimes til 2 or 3 in the morning, on a work day  if thats when the tide was favourable,also being in touch with the bait schools,schools of frogmouth pilchards to be excact,if you  had the bait congregating in a certain spot on a certain stage of the tide  that  put you in with a way better chance.

Sometimes frustratingly the bait would be there and also the fish but they wouldnt play ball...the joys of mully fishing.

I am going to make an effort to revisit this old ground ,the problem  being the no1 lure Yo Zuri poddy minnow s are no longer available, but I reckon I may be on to something new,this comp has rekindled a fire in the belly , just one fish would be enough for me,would love to  get that feeling again with one of those  shuddering hits then  the excitment of the drag screaming on that first run.

Cheers :)

So what's the hot tips?

Live bait? Mullet or tommies?

Soft plastics, something around 5" to keep the little bream away. ;)

I hooked what felt like a half-decent fish in the Onk the other morning, peeled off some line quickly then busted me off on the rocks.

Damn. :(

The only touch all morning, bloody elusive mullies. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

There were some excellent entries in the November Mulloway Competition making for a very tough task for us mods to vote on just one entry.

The winner is...

Station49 with November Mulloway Sessions

Congratulation Station49 please contact me via PM with your postage details.

You have won a Strike & Hook Mulloway Pack consisting of:

• Swivel's Original SA Fish Measure
  • Swivel's Original Mozzie Off Neoprene Wristband
  • Swivel's Original Neoprene Sunglass Strap
  • Berkley Powerbait 4inch Nemesis x2 (Breen Chartreuse & Fire Tiger)
  • Berkley Bream Pro Nitro Jigheads (1/12oz)
  • Daiwa Basara 83s Hardbody x 2
  • Strike & Hook cap
  • Strike & Hook beanie

Once again a massive thanks to new Strike & Hook sponsor Swivel's Original! Please check out www.swivelsoriginal.com for some great gear including the Swivel's Original Fish Measure and also the new BRAGMATe.

Keep an eye out for the December Freshwater Competition ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bjorn2fish
      We finally have another fishing report competition! For your chance to win a Bosch C3 Battery Charger from ALL ABOUT BATTERIES and a Strike & Hook fishing pack, login to www.strikehook.com and write up a new fishing report.
      Comp starts on the 1st of August 2020 and end on the 30th of August 2020. The comp is only open to Australian residents due to shipping of the prizes.
      A big thanks to ALL ABOUT BATTERIES for putting up a great prize. ALL ABOUT BATTERIES Sell premium quality batteries for cars, 4wds, trucks, boats, camping, Motorbikes, industrial, Forklifts, alarms, solar and alot more all at wholesale prices.
      Head over to the ALL ABOUT BATTERIES Facebook page, like and follow! ALL ABOUT BATTERIES on Faccebook https://www.facebook.com/All-About-Batteries-263687057821663
      We look forward to reading all of your fishing reports, enjoy the comp and good luck!
      Follow Strike & Hook
      Website https://www.strikehook.com
      Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgy7b7PbVKezGIwfkPbaQQ
      Bitchute https://www.bitchute.com/channel/Do4NivoGnMGB/
      LBRY https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@strikehook:9
      Facebook https://www.facebook.com/strikehook
      Instagram https://www.instagram.com/strike_hook/
      Twitter https://twitter.com/strikehook

• By Plectropomus
      Hi there brains trust.
      For years I have wondered why pictures of big mulloway often show a pink area of bruising on the flanks. In contrast, I have never seen this on underwater footage of NSW/Qld mulloway taken by divers and spearos. I am really curious to see if anyone knows more. I even began to collect images to see if the bruising was limited to one side, or the other, and if it occurred only on largest fish. 
      Early indications are it is mainly surf-caught, bigger fish, and often down the side toward the vent. See examples below, and the one with a yellow circle.
      The only things I have shortlisted from a range of possibilities are (a) a parasitic infection of some sort on the skin under the scales, (b) sand rubbing the fish when it is being landed, (c) some sort of contact with the line during the  typical way mulloway fight, and (c) "spawning behaviour" where males might nudge females.
      As a semi-retired fish biologist, this is one of those questions that buzzes around in my head begging for an answer!! I don't think it is anything sinister.
      Apologies if the photos below are yours! I just Googled them off various FaceBook forums and the net.
      Any ideas or observations??
      Thanks

• By ljackway
      Hi i'm doing an assignment for Uni where im making a fishing magazine however im struggling to find a high definition photo that i can use for the cover.
      If anyone has any good photos of you with a nice fish that you think would look good for a magazine, please post below or personally message me!
      None of this will be posted anywhere, simply for my uni assignment
      Thanks in advanced!!
    • By bjorn2fish
      Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's competition time!!!!!
      A big thank you to David from SAVAGE TACKLE for putting up a gift certificate worth $50.00 for the comp.
      Savage Tackle supplies a large range of professionally made sinkers and weighted burley pots (both PVC and stainless steel) to both recreational sectors and tackle shops. Products are produced at their Gulfview Heights premises and have the ability to custom make products if requested.
      Savage Tackle is proudly South Australian and family owned.
      Proud supporters of the Onka Stompa Fishing Comp and Coast to Coast Fishing Comp.
      First of all, please go to the SAVAGE TACKLE Facebook page and hit the like button https://www.facebook.com/Savage-Tackle-1255136391255153 Also look out for SAVAGE TACKLE products at your local fishing tackle store.
      It's a very easy competition, just guess how many sinkers are in the box. First one to guess wins!
      Get in there and have a guess, one guess only at this stage please and let's get this comp cranking with guesses and comments so the thread can be seen by everyone.
      Good luck everyone and again a big big thank you to David from SAVAGE TACKLE!

• By bjorn2fish
      Just a reminder for those who aren't already following OnkaStompa on Facebook... Onkastompa is on this weekend!!!
      The Strike & Hook crew will be manning the BBQ so come and grab a snag and a drink and help raise fund for The Childhood Cancer Association 👍
      Onkastompa Fishing Competition 13 (Onkaparinga City Council Community Event of The Year Winner 2018) 
      Date - Sunday 11th November
      Time - 7am - 12pm followed by presentations
      Location - Perrys Bend Onkaparinga River (Noarlunga Downs)
      Entry Fee - Donation to Childhood Cancer of your choice (Generosity encouraged for this great cause)
      Registration - Upon Arrival
      Rules and Fishable Area - explained upon registration but due to past numbers I am restricting fishing to 1 rod per person as I cannot extend the fishable area as in Onkastompa 12
      Everyone who attends and donates receives a ticket into the many random draws for prizes.
      Categories -
      Biggest Overall Bream (Onkastompa Champion)
      Biggest Bream Men
      Biggest Bream Women
      Biggest Bream Junior 15<
      Biggest Mulloway (Open Class)
      Biggest "Other Fish" Senior
      Biggest "Other Fish Junior 15<
      BBQ and Drinks available with every cent going to the cause so please bring your thirst and hunger
      For Sale Table - Fishing and other goods will be for sale at AMAZING prices, again with every cent going to the cause. Card facilities available
      Merchandise - Polo and Hoody designs released soon 👍
      Animal Relocation and Education will have a couple of pythons and a Freshwater Croc to handle and get pics with on the day 🤪🤪For the kids, however was popular with the adults last year also 👍