Finding the worms

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can give me a couple of insights as to where I can locate some sand or beach worms. I've watched many a video in the techniques of how to get them and am super keen to give it a try, I just don't know where to go. I'm thinking of trying Tennyson Beach as I've heard lots of YFW been caught off there, so I can only assume their favourite food must be around too, worms.

Would appreciate any kind of clue.

Tri.

• 1 month later...

Tri head down to North glenelg esplanade look for the big castle looking house try out the front of that . I went down there this week on the outgoing tide and saw hundreds of them, the pros always pop down there . I managed to catch 14 of them lol still trying master the art of catching these lil buggers . I can't do out with my hands just yet but can get them with the pliers . A trick one of the pros gave me was to make sure you have 3-4 cockle flesh ( no she'll) in a cut off bit of stocking as when they go for it their pincers get caught in the stocking and it gives a you lil bit longer to get ready to for them ,also if you buy the pliers cut an inch off of one of the handles that way when you close your pliers the handles don't touch and the pliers actually close all the way on the worm and don't leave a little gap for the worm to disappear between . If there is any worming experts out there I'd love to spend a day with you and learn a little more about this painful excercise lol ....... Also does anyone know where to get some rubies in the port river

Tri head down to North glenelg esplanade look for the big castle looking house try out the front of that . I went down there this week on the outgoing tide and saw hundreds of them, the pros always pop down there . I managed to catch 14 of them lol still trying master the art of catching these lil buggers . I can't do out with my hands just yet but can get them with the pliers . A trick one of the pros gave me was to make sure you have 3-4 cockle flesh ( no she'll) in a cut off bit of stocking as when they go for it their pincers get caught in the stocking and it gives a you lil bit longer to get ready to for them ,also if you buy the pliers cut an inch off of one of the handles that way when you close your pliers the handles don't touch and the pliers actually close all the way on the worm and don't leave a little gap for the worm to disappear between . If there is any worming experts out there I'd love to spend a day with you and learn a little more about this painful excercise lol ....... Also does anyone know where to get some rubies in the port river

Man that's really helpful, I'm going to go down tomorrow and have a go! I think I know which house you're referring to, but honestly most of the houses on the esplanade look like castles lol.

Thanks heaps!

No problem at all Tri, I'll be a couple of houses down from that castle renovating a unit I have there , let me know what time your heading down there I'm pop over and meet up and see how you go. It would be nice to meet a face to a name

Unfortunately it was too hot the other day and I've had to work, hopefully I can get down there soon, but I'll definitely let you know when I go down.

Thanks again, Tri.

No problem at all Tri, I'll be a couple of houses down from that castle renovating a unit I have there , let me know what time your heading down there I'm pop over and meet up and see how you go. It would be nice to meet a face to a name

Hey mate seems like I'll be down tomorrow, what time should I be there do you think?

thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar !

for anyone else reading who is interested we didn't

exactly clean up but we got a few. It looks easy but

for a newb [like me] it's a real challenge.

Was good to finally meet up with a couple of people

off here, Tri came down today and had a crack.

Sorry I wasn't more help mate, still trying to work it out

myself. I'm sure you'll get there, I can see you have the persistence ! :)

Fishingmad, if you're still having trouble finding them, I can help you out

with that much , but I'm no expert when it comes to getting the

slippery little suckers into the bucket.

send me a pm or post here if you're keen, Cheers

Hey, I didn't get a chance to thank you Chris and Sean before you guys left. Both of you helped me a bunch, I've never been able to find them until now with your help :D

I'm going to keep trying and until I get it, I'll even put off doing this https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153003582789508 to get the worms!

Thanks again both of you it was fun, even though I didn't get any at all hahahah.

Met Chris down there late this morning and had a chat ...top bloke!

thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar !

for anyone else reading who is interested we didn't

exactly clean up but we got a few. It looks easy but

for a newb [like me] it's a real challenge.

Was good to finally meet up with a couple of people

off here, Tri came down today and had a crack.

Sorry I wasn't more help mate, still trying to work it out

myself. I'm sure you'll get there, I can see you have the persistence ! :)

Fishingmad, if you're still having trouble finding them, I can help you out

with that much , but I'm no expert when it comes to getting the

slippery little suckers into the bucket.

send me a pm or post here if you're keen, Cheers

I'm going down tomorrow to try my luck again :D