Snook in Adelaide

more info Boat or landbased? lure fly bait? I heard there were some being caught on soft plastics of brighton jetty @ night also there were a few coming in from st kilda from boat & breakwater. most of my fish i've caught have been from my boat some on leaded line if they are down 10 metres but up near the surface flies & lures can work well this time of year can get very toey on calm clear water I've had them following saltwater flies with noses stuck right up the tail feather & not take, other times water a bit discolored & water chopped up & had 6 fish fighting to get hooked. can be a hard fish to work out sometimes.

there a fish that does not freeze well so best eaten fresh.

• 2 weeks later...

Anywhere there are rocks plus weed patches has done the job for me landbased at some of the spots mentioned above. Have landed them on ZMan Slim swims, Squidgy flick baits, whips baits and berkely powerbaits (all in pilchard sort of colours)

Have had plenty of follows and hits on largish hard bodies aswell but no hookups as yet. Medium to fast retrieve has been the go on both HB's and SP's