King George Whiting hooks

KL are great as are the owner mutu circle hooks.

I know some guys also like the mustad light demon circle hooks

I use circles but also don't mind small baitholder hooks or go old school and use the mustad bloodworm longshanks in 6 or 4

Mainly paternoster with as light a sinker as I can get away with. 1 hook below the sinker and 1 or 2 above

Remember as a lad fishing tidal flats in NSW for silver whiting etc, we used a shiner type hook on a running rig with a long length of mono from the swivel to the hook, anywhere from 4 to 6 foot long. Always used beach worms and the bait would waft about in the current and fish would grab and run on a light drag and hook themselves. Worked on all the local estuarine species including bream, flathead and chopper tailor, though we almost always got bitten off by those toothy buggers. Thinking about trying this method on KG's to see if they take a bait and swim off in a similar way. Anyone have any theories on how KG's would go using this method?

The missus & I use either size 4 Owner Mutu Light Circle or a 1/0 KL Circle, both essentially the same size!. The oldies still like to use a size 4 longshank, can't say our catch rates are much different but the circles work better for me as my rod spends a lot of time in the holder while I'm rebaiting, unhooking fish etc for the fair one and doing all the other little chores the skipper has to do. Plus I get sidetracked catching squid or chucking a SP around.