I'm not after anyones secret spots

ok its winter my bream haunt has or will shut down shortly . And im sitting here with my bad knee playing up seeing doctor shortly !!

Now  may have asked this question before so im sorry if i have .

Are there any places with easy access for a hop along to hunt Trout or Redfin near Adelaide :)

Just for something different 

I'm just asking cause its more secretive than finding gold lol

PM Alex Micky.

Pretty sure he has been fishing some redfin real estate close to car parking.

Caught a trout there too.

Having said that I recommend the Torrens mate.

Heard a theory once, that trout are at the top, redfin in the top to middle, catfish from the middle down, and carp in the middle to lower sections of the Torrens.

If you plan to fish off Gorge Rd upstream, check first with regulations on which sections of the Torrens are "owned" by SA Fly Fishers.

They stock it and want it all to themselves, which is understandable, but frustrating.

Gumeracha Weir was a good spot until a few years ago, when the SA Water gestapo stepped in and declared it off limits, for no bloody reason whatsoever.

PM Alex Micky.

Pretty sure he has been fishing some redfin real estate close to car parking.

Caught a trout there too.

Having said that I recommend the Torrens mate.

Heard a theory once, that trout are at the top, redfin in the top to middle, catfish from the middle down, and carp in the middle to lower sections of the Torrens.

If you plan to fish off Gorge Rd upstream, check first with regulations on which sections of the Torrens are "owned" by SA Fly Fishers.

They stock it and want it all to themselves, which is understandable, but frustrating.

Gumeracha Weir was a good spot until a few years ago, when the SA Water gestapo stepped in and declared it off limits, for no bloody reason whatsoever.

Gum weir is almost empty at the moment and has been completely empty for the last couple of months (although may be full again after this weekends rain). It's surprisingly shallow when you see it empty, could probably walk across it when it's full and not get your shoulders wet.

Water clarity and access are better than normal in the upper reaches of the Torrens since the bushfire, but the fish seem to have vanished, haven't even seen a carp!

The fly fishers don't actually own any part of the river they just lease it and i am pretty sure that the leases have not been extended and fly fishers don't have any rights any more . Could be wrong but i dont think so . Best place is to have a suss is at safwaa . My dad has had a stroke and cant use his left leg properly either but some of the dams are right next to where you park and are easily accessible . And you know there are fish there as they are stoked by safwaa .

There are a few public places around but really not worth the effort as these do get fished a fair bit and the fish are very scarce in these spots . Usually have to travel a fair distance up or down stream to find any thing .