Trick: Fixing kinked SP tails

Had a pack of the old Z-Man grubs that were sitting mashed up at the bottom of the bag, before they included that plastic insert to keep them separate and sorted, which had gone all kinked, twisted and generally misshapen.

So thought I would try something I've seen on the net for fixing up some types of SP's when they get out of shape.

Boiled up some water and dunked them. Once they are hot remove them and immediately try and flatten and shape the tail. They cool off very quickly when removed from water so you need to be quick and work at it a few times.

Managed to get a few into shape. Need to do them one at a time otherwise they will stick to each other in the water and get even more out of shape. The best ones were ones I had mounted on jigheads, so it would sink to the bottom of the glass and the tail would float up, in the hot water it formed the right shape and pulling it out with a spoon I could press it straightaway and it turned out looking good.

Couldn't get all the kinks out but I was satisfied with the end result. One thing to be aware of was pulling the tail too much, when hot it seems to weaken the plastic and the tails can be pulled right of the grub body. Seemed fine and strong again once it cooled.