Its been awhile since I started a post so he goes, Lately ive had a bad run on chasing KGW. The waters ive been fishing have just felt devoid of life. Due to this my last three trips Ive cracked the shits and headed straight back into the creeks and creeks mouths to chase trouties. This has been great fun throwing poppers and hard bodies at them and my 3 year old has had a ball doing this.

While doing this my mind has kept wondering to thoughts of chasing one of my favourites the black bream.
Ive been doing quite well over the last two years catching these awesome fish on plastics but ive decided this year I will concentrate of throwing hard bodies in the mangrove lined creeks and structure filled port. This fishing will suit my short trips with the kids this year as time is limited.
So today i went to BCF (argh!!! i know i hate them too) with a voucher i had to spend. Bought a new tackle bag as the old one was falling apart and then dumped the rest of the voucher on bream candy.

WP_20150819_002.jpg

All these new lures will be added to the usual suspects in my tackle trays and will be throw into the trouble areas with the new bream combo which so far has only seen trouties on the end of it but so far very impressed.

The new setup is a Azuza ABS601L-SK 1-3Kg line, 2-7g Lure. Its 1piece 6'
Ive matched this with a Shimano Stradic CI4+ 1000

Its so light but strong so far I love it just need to get a big bream on it.

If the plan comes together hopefully it will lead to a few more of these

DSCF9036.JPG

and hopefully some larger 40+ models and maybe even the long chased 50+cm model.

One piece rod B)  & 1000 size reel - sounds like good fun to me, chasing bream  :)  

What line are you going to use ?

Have bought a few HBs recently & just bought an SX40LC 307 earlier tonight,

might grab a couple of Starlo's too

I normally run 4 pound stren microfuse braid but got talked on to trying the new Sunline super PE8. They only had 6 pound but it feels thinner than what I normally use and so far has been great.

I have quite a few SX40s they are a great bream lure.

Good stuff, I like the shorter (6ft)rods myself for boats and short casting myself. Found one of those lured 3rd down on the left and it swims like a champ, happy to throw in narly places too.

This I precisely why I wanted 6' I have always used 7' but wanted something a bit shorter for the tight creeks

My money is on the Sebile Crankster to get the first decent hit....

Cheers

af

I agree mate, this one is just a replacement to one that was lost to a snag last year. I love the sebile crankas, bcf had them going at just under $13, fantastic value at that.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the 40+ models in your reports ;) A 50+ model would be awesome!

I will try my best mate. I have a spot that consistantly produce big bream at certain times. I know there are 50cm+ models just need to land one instead of donating them jewellery

Not sure if you do it already or not, but a good bit of advice I got from a mate was to take the split rings off the front of the lures and attach the lure to your line using a rapala or loop knot. I've noticed since doing that that the lures swim straighter and a lot nicer, and you have one less hunk of metal on the lure (my suspending HB's actually suspend now)

Not sure if you do it already or not, but a good bit of advice I got from a mate was to take the split rings off the front of the lures and attach the lure to your line using a rapala or loop knot. I've noticed since doing that that the lures swim straighter and a lot nicer, and you have one less hunk of metal on the lure (my suspending HB's actually suspend now)

I used to do this too, but to be honest I have been lazy with and probably should take the time to do it.

Thanks for the reminder

Make sure you get yourself a couple of daiwa double clutches both in 60mm and 75mm BIG BREAM CANDY ALRIGHT!!! One of my double clutches would have caught at least double if not triple every lure in my tackle box hands down!!! Before i got a double clutch my go to was the SX40 in 351 or 307. Will be getting myself a few nories, OSP and megabass to trial but im tipping they wont be as productive as the double clutch.... And yes that elusive 50cm bream is definitely on the cards for me also ;) 

Make sure you get yourself a couple of daiwa double clutches both in 60mm and 75mm BIG BREAM CANDY ALRIGHT!!! One of my double clutches would have caught at least double if not triple every lure in my tackle box hands down!!! Before i got a double clutch my go to was the SX40 in 351 or 307. Will be getting myself a few nories, OSP and megabass to trial but im tipping they wont be as productive as the double clutch.... And yes that elusive 50cm bream is definitely on the cards for me also ;)

Yep double clutches are sweet, I've got so many hb lures its not funny but you can never have enough I say. I redid my lure trays the other night and had them all out on the table, the wife walked past and made a comment about how many there are and how much $ worth? I had to laugh because i know she doesn't really want to know think she would fall over

I've tried that using a KREH loop, but found sometimes fouled with the front treble, as I'm not tying them small enough

I'm going to try a solid ring to the split ring & just tie a uni or locked blood knot to the solid ring, see how that goes

that might make them drop nose first tho' I suppose

• 2 weeks later...

a few cranks I've bought recently, some perch patterns may suit redfin more so than bream

but may work in the Coorong too? I like the clear ones for clean water, as back in QLD & having a cast net

I caught a lot of glassy perchlets, which fished live, nailed heaps of bream - they're seen in aquarium shops as feeders

& are transparent 40 -70mm on average

Blures.jpg