Screenshot_2015-08-31-09-40-39.png

Seemed like a great idea at the the time. I jumped at the suggestion of heading out with a mate as the wind was looking to be minimal and after all, I am still yet to catch a salmon this season. Seriously, if we head to Waits they will all be surfing the waves at Morgans . . . a Sellicks trip will guarantee the fish are at Southport . . . if we then tried to chase them at Southport, they would head up to Moana and a couple of Goolwa Beach runs have proven unsuccessful also.

Starting to think there is actually a mole in the schools, who's sole purpose is to keep a lookout for the Guru and warn the others lol.

20150830_050559.jpg

Anyhoos, arrived on location at the standard ungodly hour and was absolutely blown away by the image in front of me. It is a very rare occasion that I would consider the Onk to be an 'AMAZING' photographic specimen but . .

20150830_054351.jpg

. . Wow. With the full moon above the Surf Club, the footbridge lit up perfectly and the fact that there was absolutely no surface movement on the water whatsoever. I just really wish I had my SLR to capture it properly, as the Samsung camera does not do the scene justice.

20150830_062918.jpg

aaaaaaaand back to Salmon again. So the weather conditions were perfect (a little too perfect?) Barely a light breath of wind, cold but not "holy crap, my testicles are completely frozen" cold and the swell was tame enough to allow us to get out onto the sand bar at high tide, where we then proceeded to take a couple of snaps and make a few jokes comparing ourselves to a certain Mesiah.

My mate was already out when I arrived, trying on baits with no success exept for a couple of pickers cleaning him out so we both progressed to flicking lures off the sand bar.

20150830_064153.jpeg

After what seemed like an eternity (in reality, probably only 20 minutes or so) my mate finally hooks up on a little troutie. You beauty I thought, finally some fish and as he was unhooking that specimen, I also had a little one hooked up. Unfortunately I lost mine at the water line as he managed to shake the hook right at the very second I went to grab him (still on the sandbar at this stage)

Another 20 or so minutes later and my mate pulls another one out and that was literally it for the day. All up, my mate found 2 juveniles around the 27cm mark and my Salmon Drought contiues :(

20150830_073859.jpg

Absolutely awesome morning for it though . . . maybe next time :)

I'm glad you found some Mate. I am usally restricted to very small time windows these days . . . Maybe I should take a week off work and just chase the little bast@#ds up and down the coast lol :)

If you're gonna do that, might as well head over to Elliston and chase the bigguns.

I reckon I might need to do that trip myself next year as well.

If you're gonna do that, might as well head over to Elliston and chase the bigguns.

I reckon I might need to do that trip myself next year as well.

Figured Elliston and the West Coast would be too easy lol ;)

Thinking about heading out to Tumby and hitting the 8-10kg barrels out of the Groups though

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bjorn2fish
      Hey guys as the title suggests, who's been catching salmon this season?
      What sizes are you seeing and roughly what areas?
      Cheers
    • By The Fishing Guru
      Hey Guys.
      As many of you are aware, I am really trying to ramp up the videos of late. One of the things that is really bugging me lately is seeing people not necessarily doing the right thing when it comes to size and bag limits so this is our way of trying to promote the correct behaviors throughout the fishing community. I know that obviously most (if not all) of you guys will not necessarily fall into that category but thought I'd upload this one for those that may wish to use it as a how to guide to make some cool little measures up for yourselves

The measures actually come up really well and look pretty cool too

If any of you would like the template to print, you can find it here:
      Blue Swimmer Crab Measure Template - THE FISHING GURU.pdf

Cheers for your time Hookers.
    • By The Fishing Guru
      Hey Guys.
      As many of you are aware, I am really trying to ramp up the videos of late. One of the things that is really bugging me lately is seeing people not necessarily doing the right thing when it comes to size and bag limits so this is our way of trying to promote the correct behaviors throughout the fishing community. I know that obviously most (if not all) of you guys will not necessarily fall into that category but thought I'd upload this one for those that may wish to use it as a how to guide to make some cool little measures up for yourselves

The measures actually come up really well and look pretty cool too

If any of you would like the template to print, you can find it here:
      Cockle Measure Template - THE FISHING GURU.pdf

Cheers for your time Hookers.

• By The Fishing Guru
      Here we have a really quick tutorial on how to measure Goolwa Cockles / Pipis when collecting for food/bait.
      Please note that the current size limit in this area (Goolwa SA, December 2017) is 3.5cm minimum and the bag limits are as follows 
      - 300 per person
      - 900 per vehicle (4 or more people)
      - 1200 possession (total allowed in storage/freezer)
      Keep an eye out for a new video coming shortly on how to make a basic cockle measurer out of an icecream container lid
      Don't forget to hit the "Subscribe" button to catch our new videos as they are uploaded and feel free to check us out on facebook:
      www.facebook.com/TheFishingGuru
      Thanks for watching 😁

• By The Fishing Guru
      Firstly, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of our fellow Hookers 😉
      Thought I would share my attempt at a festive themed video lol.
      Here we try something a little different. Obviously we love our fishing/camping/4WD but in this video I try and get my craft on with our other passion . . . Beer
      The idea for these baubles came from a random ebay purchase whilst under the influence of said passion lol.
      Feel free to hit the "Subscribe" button to catch our videos as they are uploaded
      Enjoy.