Bream rod recommendation 1-3kg

Plenty of info in these previous threads on bream rods;

http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/23825-new-bream-rod/

http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/23613-trout-redfin-rod/

http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/19383-light-spin-rod/

There are heaps of light rods in that range that are affordable. Samaki do a couple of nice 1-3kg rods, as do Daiwa such as the Gen Blacks. Shimano have 1-3kg rods as well that are usually 6'6" and two piece.

I'll put in my recommendation for the NS One's rods. I use mine for Trout and Redfin mainly, but it has claimed its share of Bream, Salmon and some school mulloway aswell! The 702L model is 2-4kg, 7 foot, 2 piece, balances nicely with a 1000 size reel, and works both Plastics and Hardbodies well! (Looks stunning aswell, but I'm a sucker for cork)

10430884_10153013493540141_4121734908728

I'll put in my recommendation for the NS One's rods. I use mine for Trout and Redfin mainly, but it has claimed its share of Bream, Salmon and some school mulloway aswell! The 702L model is 2-4kg, 7 foot, 2 piece, balances nicely with a 1000 size reel, and works both Plastics and Hardbodies well! (Looks stunning aswell, but I'm a sucker for cork)

10430884_10153013493540141_4121734908728

I just bought one of these.

Feels great, haven't caught anything on it yet tho.

Well priced too.

I have two bream outfits

1. rod-G Loomis 1-4lb about 6.75ft 1pc

reel-Daiwa Certate 1003 6lb braid 10lb leader.

total value $800 aprox

2. rod-Shimano Catana 702 1-3kg

reel-Shimano Seina 1000 6lv baid 10lb leader.

total value $150 aprox

I get equal results in successfully landing fish with both

I have more luck and have caught more on the Shimano rig

I get less wind knots casting with the Shimano rig fishing with braid.

Over all the cheaper Shimano rig has a better history

The Diawa rig feels better in performance at times and so it should given the price range.

There was a deal at rayanannes for an arid rod and reel combo for $99.

Pretty hard to match that quality anywhere else! 9bb daiwa reels just don't come even 1/4 as cheep as that little beauty!! You can also still find some second hand daiwa air edge rods in great condition for between $60-$100 online.

Don't have one personally, but the next cheapest daiwa rods with AGS (air guide system) is over $400. (Ment to be some drastically reduced friction tech allowing a lot further casting)

I'm still loving my major craft!! I couldn't possibly ask for any more from a rod to tell you the truth... Perhaps even more distance would never hurt... But that's about it... Outcasts all my other rods. Still can't get over its seemingly limitless flex curve! Just doesn't stop! And I'm not game to push it any further than I already have! I busted 5lb braid 8lb Leeder, loading it to the max a few weeks back. Only rated for 1-5lb and can cast 0.5g- 8g.

I've coasted whole pilchards on it no worries! And my lightest jig heads with plastics... Nothing else I've ever tried/owned has even come close. Best $180 I've ever spent !

Was really put off by the tiny guides too initially, but after using it for a while now, I'm a massive fan! You just don't realise how trouble free they are till you go back to using the old bigger ones! ESP at night!!

No miss casts, no tangles, no feeling if the weight of you're plastic/bait/sinker... bouncing up and down is there before every cast to make sure it's not twisted around the end guide... Just hassle free 99% of the time! I get so frustrated using my old gear now! So much effort on just that little part is constantly needed when rebating! Not 1 positive in bigger guides to me! .... Unless you're half blind for threading you're line through maybe but then you'd be twice as bugged for the tangles anyway.

its got the AGS (air guide system), a lot of money, development goes into those graphite guides.. the frames and everything are carbon/graphite so you feel every little bump, twitch through the rod. Plus it also saves more weight again of titanium frames.

Its not for everyone, but does have its place for people who want / can afford cutting edge lure rods... I certainly wouldn't buy one, seems to delicate for me! but I do appreciate it for what it is.
:) 

Hmmm.... Might have miss read that 1 when they came out... 😄

Looking online now, doesn't look like the air edge did have AGS....

😌 probably cod it says cutting edge ...? I dunno... Lol. Could have sworn I read that somewhere last year....

Well, I guess that makes alittle bit more sense now😌 still can't see a handful of guides made lighter making that much weight difference. The reduced friction, would be a pluss. But I'm sure a drop of oil would have 90% similar result..

I know it did win I cast awards...

Pitty they don't sell the guides on there own.. (I haven't been able to find any anyway...) and believe me, I've looked 😄

When I've looked at the weight of those rods, they aren't any lighter to mine... Do I still don't think I could justify that kind of price... But you can't really judge something until you use it I guess...

Beware of eBay sellers Brankin.

The prices on those rods have been inflated massively. Can be found for much less elsewhere.

I've noticed a heap of eBay sellers with ridiculous prices, biomasters at $600 plus as an example.

I really hope people do their research before they hand over money to these crooks.

AGS at the moment is only available on the high end daiwas, but as all daiwa products go the high end componentry will eventually trickle down to cheaper gear. At the moment i think the chapest rod with AGS is the commander? Looking at around $50 for that one, $500 for a battler and not sure about the silver creek or gekkabijin. One to keep an eye out for when it is released will be the new silver wolf rods and reels. Bream specific actions and the said AGS

Yes, the Daiwa TD Commander comes with AGS system, but they retail for $450, not $50?? unless that way a typo mate... it will take a few years before the AGS gets trickled down to the cheaper stuff.. its cutting edge technology and not cheap to produce, so I think it will be exclusive for while.. could be wrong but..

The new caldia B reel look good too! And they are also releasing a new 2015 Luvias soon too :P interesting times..