Bream rod recommendation 1-3kg

Yeah, a lot are second hand, but they all reconditioned. My reel wS reconditioned, it's description was in the lowest quality of what the company will purchase and resell. So I was quite blown away when I received it, and it looked and felt brand new! I honestly can't fault it in any way. No scuffs, bottom plate like a mirror, 1 crank of the handle, letting it wi d on its own, it just keeps going and going.... Smooth as silk, and dead silent! Drag perfectly smooth and loud... 10/10 reel. So if they described that as ' no one would mistake for new"

I'm sure "excellent condition" means.... Just what it says...

Yeah, a lot are second hand, but they all reconditioned. My reel wS reconditioned, it's description was in the lowest quality of what the company will purchase and resell. So I was quite blown away when I received it, and it looked and felt brand new! I honestly can't fault it in any way. No scuffs, bottom plate like a mirror, 1 crank of the handle, letting it wi d on its own, it just keeps going and going.... Smooth as silk, and dead silent! Drag perfectly smooth and loud... 10/10 reel. So if they described that as ' no one would mistake for new"

I'm sure "excellent condition" means.... Just what it says...

Only issue I can see with a company that does their descriptions like that is that could lead to a massive variation in condition of the reel under the one description "No one would mistake for new". Seems like they use that description so you won't be disappointed, rather than as an accurate description of the reel.......one reel will be like brand new, and the next will be hammered. Damn good prices though, and I guess if you are buying with the expectation of a well used reel, you would rarely feel screwed over. 

Yeah, if you don't have the money to but a good real, you won't be disappointed with what you get.

I'd rather buy a new 1. But don't have that option ATM. Still did see very good deals eBay couldn't beatlocally though... Like arid reel and rod for $100 that Rayanannes was offering. So it pays too explore every option!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked out the new Shimano Impact NXT range yet?

http://www.shimanofish.com.au/products/fishing-rods/spinning/impact-nxt-spinning.html

I have ordered (and hopefully will be picking up sometime this week) an IMNXT763NT - I like the idea of a 3 piece for ease of transport, and I don't think performance will suffer too much when stacked up against one or two piece equivalents.

I'm hoping it will work equally as well on YFW and big gar down at Livingston's.

Cheers

af

• 8 months later...

Personally i think samaki make the best value for money rods i own a k2 6lb which is a beautiful rod. But my absolute pride and joy is my ZRT a 6kg rod i use for flicking plastics for mullys. Absolutely amaz5!! Lighter than most bream rods insanely crisp feel and looks the part to with its gold blingy bits lol.

Like the samaki rods too. Ended up getting a k2 4lb - 8lb. Good balance of power and finesse. Will be teamed up with a shimano 1000 aspire. Also got a older c12 model that is teamed up with a 2500 certate.

Also chasing a 2500 reel for a infeet bay jigger atm, can't believe how many smaller reels there are to choose from out there atm. Will take my time and see what I prefer. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...