Suffix 832 Problems

Recently spooled up a Symetre 1000 fj with 4lb Suffix 832. Bear in mind this is the first 8 stand braid I've used so I might be doing something wrong.

First of all, it is very thick. Definitely thicker than The Power Pro 8lb on another reel.

Secondly, and the main issue, is that the line tends to shred on the knot under pressure. I've gone to a double uni which doesn't shred it as easily, but I still feel it is very weak compared to other braids at the knot. The Albright knot comes up neater in other braids and hence casts further for me but with this stuff it just shreds itself.

Lastly, the line handles beautifully,no tangles or anything, but casting distance is well reduced due to its thickness and I have to run a much shorter leader than usual due to the thickness of the knot. Which doesn't do confidence any good having some white rope 3ft from the lure.

So, has anybody had similar issues? How'd you get around them? So far this stuff is hardly better, if not worse, than the 5.5lb mono I was using.

Thanks in advance.

Should add that I have used Suffix Mono as both leader and main line and can't fault it.

Cheers

I've had a spool of 6lb sufix 832 sitting in the draw for 12 months now been meaning to stick it on a reel. so i thought i would try a leader knot on it before i spool it it off. tied a piece of 6lb Berkley vanish to it with a 5 turn surgeons knot came out very nicely no damage to the braid or fluro.

The 5 turn surgeons knot was shown to me by Adam (maddog) Royter a few years ago he was my non-boater in a vic ABT tourno & has served me well over years with bream, snapper & mulloway all being boated or landed successfully on bream gear so give it try might work alright for you.

Thanks fellas

Projoe thank the mad dog for me if you see him again 'cause that knot is a belter. No more shredding. The knot is super simple to synthesise and is still super slick.

Hadn't busted off on a fish yet, just too easily on snags. Where I fish is very snaggy so luckily it was tested before a big hook up.

Thanks a million guys

Never had much luck with Suffix on any light rigs. Works fine for heavier boat/bait fishing but don't expect to set any casting records on your bream gear. The yanks use it for their bass fishing, but remember, to most of the pros over there 1/2oz is considered a light lure and a lot of the time they are pitching lures at short ranges.

I use it in 10lb for soft plastics fishibg for snapper with a 20 lb leader and have had no issues with it so far. I have it on a 5000 size shimano reel in I think 30 lb and it feels really thick and doesn't run off the real very well at all when dropping a jig or plastic under about 50 grams. I only use FG knots for my braid to fluro connections atm.