Herb Crusted Snapper w Champ & Leeks...

Herb Crusted Snapper w Champ & LeeksChef: Jerome Caruana[i:3f61gmon]Ingrediants:[/i:3f61gmon]750gm fresh breadcrumbs320gm parmesan cheese [finely grated]100gm cheddar cheese [finely grated]400gm flatleaf parsley [finely chopped]1 whole leek, cleaned [halved, then shredded]1 Batch of your finest Mash Potato [well seasoned][i:3f61gmon]Method[/i:3f61gmon]Food Process to a fine consistantcy: Bread crumbs, and herbs.Combine in bowl all ingrediants adding crumbs, parsley & cheeses, beat until smooth.[i:3f61gmon]Champ Potatoes & Leeks[/i:3f61gmon]In a Saucepan, lightly Oil & Simmer Leeks in Pan until fully cooked, lightly season, spoon in Mash Potato, beat until smooth. If necassary add some finely chopped garlic & chilli for added flavour.[i:3f61gmon]To Serve [/i:3f61gmon]Lightly Spread some seeded mustard on flesh side of Snapper Cutlet, and allow Pan to become hot. Once Pan is hot, add Olive and place fish Flesh side Down. Once fish is sealed on Both sides, Remove from Pan, and Top Cutlets with the Herb crust, bake in a moderate over for 10-15 mins.Serve Hot Champ Potatoes, and Cutlet On-top. Lemon If Desired...
Guest xtrafishyfish

Jerome, your recipe sounds delicious .... looks a bit Irish with the champ, I can't wait to try it out when I get a snapper next month. Probably wash it down with a nice Irish red ale like Caffreys or Kilkenny :lol:

sounds wicked jerome.welcome to the site.Looks like we have our own resident on line chef?????I met jerome the other day and he is a chef with thousands of fish recipes.If we help him he'll help us with making them taste good.Jerome wants to know what going on over at torrens island land based???Thanks buddy

Hi Guys & girls,ok a quick few facts about this dish, at the Restaurant i am currently working at in Adelaide, i used this same herb crusted topping on the recent Melbourne Cup Carnival Entree but with tommy ruffs, and a simple baby spinach & finely sliced spanish onion salad. We served over 260+ guests on this occasion, with over 170 portions of this entree catered.Champ potatoes go well with alot of pink fleshed fish i.e salmon, trout etc... i have some nice white wine sauces to share that will go well with these All year-round dishes.Some good Sashimi Recipes for the adventurous coming soon...

Guest xtrafishyfish

Jerome, I love cooking seafood myself. Once the slimie macks turn up I kill and ice them as close to sashimi grade "A" as I can and use them for sushi and sashimi. They have great flesh and are easily caught.I'd love to see more snapper recipes as the fillets get a bit boring done the same old wayKeep up the good posts and thanks for your input {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback...Shark Recipes, mmmm... let me see....Will have to get back to u, since lots of interest with the shark recipes, i will dig up what i can over the next couple of days...How awesome is the weather? went fishing again this morning, got 14 size whitting aswell, i'll let you know some whitting cooking tips in the future...