Let the Rod Building Begin!

Well after trying to source a local Rod building wrapper, I sourced one from America on a site called www.mudhole.com 

So after being told it will take 3-4 weeks to arrive to my door step I was quiet shocked to see a parcel from America on my bedroom.... Im spewing because I only just put my order through Motackle for my rod that I will be building up.....

I have decided to start off with something simple as it will be my 1st rod i would of built. It is a 2-4kg wilson livefibre blades and tails blank. I love these blanks they are one of my favourites... It will be built with Fuji guides and Camo EVA grips.....

Can't wait....

12046928_1061747947177202_3956324198368591395_n.jpg

12032255_1061747960510534_6563883874104567554_n.jpg

12039430_1061747977177199_1227979545544270474_n.jpg

used to build all my own rods way back, mainly because it was cheaper than buying the shop ones. Gee we used to dream of owning an IMX 6 rod but at over a $1000 well out of our range :(  these days the cheapest rods are made with IMX Materials hahaha The other great point about it is, it's great fun to catch fish on a rod you have built. Oh another plus, you can choose how many and place the guides where "YOU!" want Plus have the backbone the right way round  B) Loved real cork grips too :wub:  so my special rods always had Cork :D   and my everyday sea stuff the spongy stuff  :P

Once you have finished you will realize just how easy it is to wrap a rod and i'm sure many more will follow  ;)

cheers chuck

bit of an update I have completed the rod, as in guides are all on, been set and finished epoxy....

Just put on the hook keeper, so thats off to dry.....

All thats left is to put on the final special touch ;) which I need to wait to arrive..... 

I am pretty happy how it came out, theres plenty i still need to learn but for my 1st go im happy with how it came out....  Now to load it up and give it a try on some decent fish ;)

Next rod i'll build will be a surf rod I reckon!

12189767_1065916830093647_497282617335819850_n.jpg

Just put on the hook keeper, so thats off to dry.....

An important touch, it irritates me when factory rods don't come with one, really, how hard is it?

I said the exact same thing mate! So now i know what im doing I bought a box of 35 hook keepers from mudhole! so will be putting them on rods thats for sure :)

Well done southie! Hopefully the hours have paid off and your rod lives up to the blank's potential.

If I may ask, what is your special touch going to be?

just a sticker..... Nothing that special but just got to wait for my supplier to fix his computer stuff up! but it will be worth the wait!