Show us your fishing gear storage and organisation

I had a look at my fishing gear today and it's a shambles. I need to organise it all big time. So it got me thinking what kind of storage and organisation do people have for their fishing gear at home, in the shed or the man cave etc.

If you have any cool car, 4x4, boat storage ideas perhaps we can start another topic for that.

Mines an utter mess as well ATM. But when its organised...

Rods that don't get used each week generally sit in pvc "rocket launchers" rigged and ready to go. These point toward the door so I can just quickly grab one and get to the closest dam. The rest sit in a Pelagic brand rod holder, which is in the corner of the shed.

I've got a designated table for rig tying and general fiddling,on which sits any spare/crappy reels or similar.

The tackle I use frequently sits in multiple (about 4) flat pack tackle boxes. 1 saltwater terminal gear, 1 saltwater lures and jigs, 1 double sided light freshwater another of assorted terminal gear. The rest of my stuff, generally spinner baits, big minnows, random things that have just popped up, go in a multi stack tacklebox which sits in a cupboard.

It starts like that, then over time is strewn allover the place until finally it gets put back and the cycle repeats.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, got a designated corner of my shed with rod clips so rigged outfits can be placed ready for action and also got a lockable cabinet for highend gear. Keeps the custom game gear a bit safer and is in the coolest part of the shed. Also run one of them massive cargo tubs for miscellaneous gear. Makes planning on each indvidual mission at hand easier.I personally do quite a varied form of fishing from bluewater boat fishing to landbased. Takes years to build up your gear so better to look after and it won't let you down. Also pays to keep reels protected in reel bags.keeps dust and other nasties taking their toll.cheers

post-347-0-90253600-1447374134.jpg

G'day

I can't post a pic right now but will try to get one over the next week

I've got an old laminex kitchen table in the shed where I pre tie rigs.  I used to keep all the terminal tackle in plastic boxes, some spare stuff still is but I recently stumbled on a great find.  Outside my local supermarket I noticed a cadbury display rack which looked like it was left for disposal.  I asked if I could have it and the manager said YES!   It's very strong and in excellent condition, it's on wheels and has about  8 adjustable shelves (4 each side) roughly 500 x 200mm with little rails around each one.   So I've stacked it with all the leader and hooks etc in species categories and used other shelves for random other stuff.  It's great

Keep your eyes peeled  :)

Cheers

Rod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bjorn2fish
      I have a few old batteries laying around and was wondering if it is worth stripping it down and using the lead for sinkers?

I know it's not the safest thing to do, I'm usually overly cautious with stuff like this.

Also is there a way to safely dispose of the acid that is kind to the environment?
    • By bjorn2fish
      I saw Alex and Underpants live baskets and the comment from hooklinestinker and thought we need a DIY inspiration thread. A place where we can post pics to inspire those who love DIY.

Use this thread to post up DIY projects that you've had around for a while but can only show finished photos of projects.

Don't be a cop out and post up a finished project photo when you could have posted an entirely new, nicely detailed topic.

Feel free to post up anything we all might be interested in e.g. live baskets, live wells, rod holders, lures, custom tackle, boat and trailer mods, stuff that is handy for the fisher, boaty, camper, off roader, you name it!
    • By bjorn2fish
      With a early morning flick down the Onk with no results I came home still thinking fishing and after catching up on a bit of work and doing a few things around the house I thought I'd get stuck into making a few DIY soft plastics, I'd rediscovered the moulds in my shed recently.

Paddle tail and curled tail grub in a few colours. The green one glows in the dark, takes a bit to charge up but does glow pretty well. I'm pretty messy when pouring but just trimmed them up with scissors afterwards and they look ok. Also have a few jig head moulds, the jig heads came out pretty well, I'll be trying those with the paddle tails. I can't wait to have a flick and see how they go 

• By The Fishing Guru
      How To make a very cheap, very simple Rod Holder . . . great for light-medium fishing on the river for example
    • By bjorn2fish
      Ok guys n girls something a little different this month. Time to get creative!

Over the years this has been brought up a few times and now it has happened we have a new section of the forum How to guides and DIY projects.

It's pretty self explanatory what goes in here but a few ideas... How you built your fishing cart/caddy, how you tie certain rigs or knots, your great idea for a rod holder, how to use soft plastics/hard bodies, even recommendations on how to read your sounder.

This new section is currently empty, a few older topics may find there way in here but we need lots of new content so get posting. All posts in this section during March will be in the running for The Fishing Guru prize pack.

We have a new sponsor on board this month so please give a warm welcome to The Fishing Guru. The Fishing Guru is an absolute legend, local Adelaide bloke who has a lot of quality gear, he sells online so is able to offer some great prices covering fishing tackle, pre-tied rigs, berley and 4WD accessories to name just a few. One cool new product that the Guru is working on that I've had the pleasure of seeing in the early stages is his very own fish attractant/scent. With a background as a chef, these scents will be killer!

Check out The Fishing Guru on Facebook and please like his page https://www.facebook.com/TheFishingGuru

The prize pack details will be posted up shortly