Biggest Southern Bluefin Tuna

Hi guys,Haven't been online for ages but thought I would share a personal triumph of mine and believe it or not caught this bad boy from my own tub which makes it so much more meaningful. Caught down the south east about a month ago after a long fishing drought due to building a house and losing my job amongst other things. Bled weight was 108kg caught on a billmark skirt in Lumo. Outfit was okuma makaira 80w on custom status deluxe game rod. Also released one of similar size aswell which we didnt get any pics of as we were only 2 up and put the fishes health 1st for the release.Also special mention to my mate Shaun who was a big part of this, this kind of fishing is definitely a team sport.cheers

2015-10-04 20.21.01.jpg

2015-10-01 07.26.26.png

2015-10-01 07.22.14.jpg

Fantastic effort and fish mate. Always more rewarding from your own boat as well.

Be interesting to see whether this exceptional run of large tuna down the south east repeats itself next year or is just a one off freak season.

• 2 months later...

Was kicking myself Adam not taking the invite because i was on my way home from Port macdonnell. We were having a shit of a time at Port Augusta when you were on to that barrel for a solid 4 hrs.

Glad we packed up that night and headed back to the SE. Got mine aswell.

190cm with a bent tail going up the transom, so around 195cm fork length and thick as a wine barrel.

Great times and forever lasting memory.

Oh around 135kg

IMG_20151103_154249-1.jpg