New Project (Another Rod Build)

So I went and visited my Local Tackle store (Let's Go Fishin) and Went in to Buy a Surf Rod, aswell as getting a new surf rod on Order (wilson Mulloway) I also purchased a few new Goodies......

A wilson 12ft 6144 Blank, A Kilwell 7ft Blank, and A broken 12ft Penn Prevail with the full Guides in tact! All for................... $50 thats right $50 absolute Bargain! Im stoked! I cant wait to build the surf Rod up, Ill be using The prevail Guides on the 6144.... to give it a modern yet tough look and feel...

Steves a great bloke and has some good Hidden Gems hiding! Plus his prices are cheaper compared to some of the tackle shops down south.... Best thing is he is opened Later than all the other Southern Tackle shops!

If you need anything go see him! he'd be happy to help you out!

Keep on watching this thread for updates of the Surf rod!

12212255_1067256636626333_626147594_n.jpg

Sounds like a great deal, it is a good shop, best place for sinkers and good prices on bait too.

US surf blanks turn out to be too dear?

At the time being mate. I need to spend some cash on things for my salt creek trip in a few weeks. I will eventually get a US surf blank. Hopefully the Us dollar will increase by then hahahha 

Sounds like a great deal, it is a good shop, best place for sinkers and good prices on bait too.

US surf blanks turn out to be too dear?

At the time being mate. I need to spend some cash on things for my salt creek trip in a few weeks. I will eventually get a US surf blank. Hopefully the Us dollar will increase by then hahahha 

Yeah, after messaging you I looked up some prices and then plugged them into the currency converter, yikes!

Just put an order through with The Rod works for all the grips, reel seat, and sand spike for the rod! 

I will be running an 12' rear grip, deluxe reel seat, 10' foregrip and an rubber Winding checks! With an 180mm Sand spike....

For the Guides Ill be using the Fuji K series guides off the Broken Penn Prevail i got....

As for the Colour bindings Im looking at using Gold Thread unless I can find a unique colour that I like... 

• 1 month later...