10. Kuerschie

Kuerschie

11. keenfisho

keenfisho

12. AquaticResearch1

AquaticResearch1

• Similar Content

• By Territory Lad
      Over the last 12-18 months I've got right into my wading and thought I'd have a crack at making my own tub. After a bit of looking around at other set ups, I figured it was best to just dive in and see what happened. 
      The basic idea was I wanted to be able to carry more than one rod, be mobile amd be organised. After a trip to the hardware store and the local boating store, I had all the parts I needed. Within an afternoon it was done! 

Generic UV stablised create, electrical conduit for axels, marker bouys / poly floats for wheels and all secured with S/Steel bolts, washers and nylocks. 
      Below is a selection of on the job photos.

Overall it works really well. The rod holders allow me to carry multiple rods all rigged differently. This does two things, (1) when I get a season ending wind knot, I just bench the rod and grab another. No lost time not fishing! (2) It speeds up my apprenticeship as I can run multiple options simultaneously and figure out what works in different scenarios.
      Only issue I have found is having the reels face inwards takes up a fair amount of room inside the tub and ironically, the reels get wetter inside the tub than outside. This is because when I land a fish, drops of water fall off the net which I dump in the tub during hook removal etc. I tried facing them "backwards" and outside the tub, seems to solve the problem.
      1st planned upgrade is a small esky, big enough to fit a YFW in the 30-35cm range!!
      TL
    • By southie THE BANGA
      So for something different Lets see what type of collection of Squid Jags you have.... Im sure you all have a secret addiction when it comes to collecting them...... 
      I'll post mine up when i get home from work.....