Fishing guides

Hey no idea

I have done some guiding here south of Adelaide mostly saltwater fly & some soft plastics (lures) fishing though, if you you could give the forum some idea (sorry pun not intended) of where you are having problems with your fishing I'm sure we could give you some hints without the expense.

Haha all good projoe, That will be my name when my fishing gets some what better. And thanks for the support lads.

I'm mainly fishing Westlakes with soft plastics targeting bream. I know this is a tough water way to fish and bream aren't the easiest to tempt. But a few pointers on retrieves and what to look for in the line would be handy as this is where I lack confidence. I work away as well so my fishing time while I'm home is pretty limited, so I want to be able to fish effectively while I'm out. As why I was looking for a guide. But any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I fish from a kayak or land based and my setup consists of a 7' Catana rod with a 1000 symmetre reel, Spooled with fins 4lb braid and a 4lb Berkley vanish leader. I'm using squidgie and z man lures, with some success with the squidgie range. And by success (a bit embarrassed now) I have managed around 2 bream in 12 months .

well the tackle setup for plastic is fine maybe look at the way you are using the lure i always say less is more when it comes to bream small twitchs on a slow retrieve even twitching the plastic on a dead stop can work, dont over do it on the jig head weights light as possible for the prevailing conditions another factor is time of day best times are early morn or late arvo with tide movement dodge tides can slow fish down but i still have caught good bream on a dodge.

I have no idea either no_idea, but if Alexsfishin1 sees this post, he could also give some good tips - he's a young kid, but he has a bream fishing brain.

Or, if went up to the search and clicked on the wheel to go to advance search, highlight 'fishing forum' and next to match select 'title only' and put in his name under 'find author' and search.

This should bring up his posts in which he talks of his catches but has some helpful tips (not all of them, but many).

Hope that helps a little, otherwise more advice like projoe mentions will come here before too long I am sure.