Personal fly repellant that actually works!

No, but put me down for a case when you find one Last time I was fishing the mangroves had to use my keepnet over my head to stop myself going insane from the bastards! Tried even surface spray on them, which also did absolutely nothing but make them taste eaven worse when they fly in my mouth!

Don't k ow how those country folks do it!

Not found a commercial one that works against mozzies in the really bad areas, but I have used some of the spray from "Raid" and the like. The stuff kills any bugs and the like that touch its residue on hard surfaces and seems to keep off the bities. But not Sure if you should really let it be in contact with your skin for overly long, doesn't say not to so mweh

Hi gregmacc

While I can't personally recommend this product through experience, there seems to to be some online "buzz" about its effectiveness:

http://www.naturesbotanical.biz/products.html

I vaguely remember it being offered as a special at Snowy's Outdoors a few months ago.

You may wish to check it out, anyway...

Personally, I can live with the "over the head" fly nets - inelegant, slightly uncomfortable but effective, nonetheless...

Cheers

af

Hi there,

I always have concerns using repellent , I use to work in the desert , LOTS of fly's .

When you sprayed it around your head area , with a hard hat on , it actually stars eating into the helmet .

So I wonder what it does to our skin .....?????