Getting onto the luring side of Bream!

I've been getting quite a few chunky bream lately on both Plastics and Hard bodies! 

A couple of weeks ago, I fished with Jacob at West Lakes. We decided to fish early morning without expecting much. We used hard bodies and we were getting follows straight away. It wasnt long before I hooked up to a little bream, followed by a few more! ^_^ 

DSC01176.JPG

DSC01193.JPG

As the day grew warmer, it was time to head back. We threw lures around while walking back and all of a sudden a nice bream came out and whacked my lure twice before hooking up!! This fish had some go! After a solid fight, it was measured in at 40cm which is my new Personal Best on hard bodies!!!  :D  :D  :D

DSC01200.JPG

DSC01196.JPG

After a few photos, the fish was released.. (of course!)  :lol:

DSC01205.JPG

Today, my school mates and I planned a snorkelling day with this hot weather. But of course, I had to bring a rod along. The day started with flat conditions and clear water. I had a couple of casts with the Zman 2" Grubz before a few donkey bream followed it right in. :o  I slowed down my retrieve and the biggest out of them engulfed the plastic!!! I set the hook and it screamed off like a train! After dodging quite a few rocks and almost loosing getting smoked, the fish was tired out and as I was slowly bringing her in, the hook came loose and I watched the fish cruise back down....  :angry:  :(  :censored:  It was well over 40cm, possibly even pushing 45cm... But who knows, that's fishing! 

After sobbing a little bit, I got back into the action. I could see some monsters holding up along the weed edge but none of them would touch the plastic. It was getting extremely hot and sweaty so we jumped in to cool down. It was a good experience swimming with the bream, I got some underwater footage but unfortunately my mate dropped the camera between some rocks (wasn't his fault, the strap came loose).. Never to be seen again  :(  :( Which means I won't be making videos for a long time...  :(  :(  :(

After we cooled down, I climbed back to where I spotted the fish. A few casts later, I hooked up to another decent fish! This one was no where near as big as the first one but it was still a very good sized bream. It was just hooked in the top lip but I got it in a comfort lift. As I was getting ready for a photo, the fish kicked and fell through the rocks into the water. I thought it was still hooked but it must've spat it when it kicked... I estimated this fish to be around 37cm, spewing I didn't get pics  :angry:

Anyways after that, I climbed back towards the same rocks and slipped. My whole rod/reel combo was dunked in the water and my ass landed on a hard ledge.. I had to sit there for a while to recover. But after a few minutes, I got back up and started flicking again. I switched lures to a 2.5" Zman Grub after I got the other lure snagged on a rock. The first couple of casts resulted in another solid hookup! This one felt quite similar to the second fish. It ran me under a couple of rocks but I managed to get it out. This fish measured in at 39cm!!!  :D Stoked! Few photos and it was back in the water.

DSC01209.JPG

asdfe.jpg

The bite slowed down a lot so I decided to venture around to see if I could spot any. For the next couple of hours, I was sight casting them, catching low 30's bream.  B)

DSC01234.JPG

DSC01237.JPG

DSC01226.JPG

It was a beautiful day to be out, although it was hot, it gave us an excuse to go for a swim lol!  :lol:

Here's just a couple more from earlier trips!  ;)

DSC00803.JPG

DSC00813.JPG

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00832.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

Even got a few nice ones in a cheeky bait session  :P  :lol:

DSC01056.JPG

DSC01063.JPG

DSC01087.JPG

DSC01079.JPG

Cheers!  :fishing: 
Alex. 

Well done im so missing fishing 

i asked my therapists today i could meet up with fishos got told no

guess i gotta be patient 

Thanks mate, hope you get better really soon and write up some more quality reports!!!  ^_^

Another very enjoyable report Alex.

Sorry to hear about the camera, some of your footage has been brilliant.

Hope you get another one soon mate.

Out of interest, how is your reel after being dunked?

Today my phone broke.... There goes $600 in the past 3 days...  :censored:  :censored:  :censored: 

The reel was fine, it was Daiwa magsealed ;)