KI canoeing and catching Marron?

Certainly allowed to catch marron; they are introduced and are not to be released back into the water (endemic to Southwest WA not anywhere else...note so are koalas introduced on KI  :rolleyes:, but I'll leave that f**k-up alone)!   Your standard yabbie opera nets should suffice and usual yabbie offereings. Note the maximum allowed opening of 75mm is actually a little on the small side to be optimal for marron , but you're kinda stuffed there.

The tricky part is to determine where you can legally access suitable water to do so. These cards are held tightly. A hint would be the western half of the island, and further inland than you would think. Water must be permanently fresh, many of the larger rivers are estuarine, particularly so in the summer months with reduced fresh flows and following poor spring rainfall. Hence go upstream from the coast.  If you can catch bream you wont get marron!

http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/24703-ki-landbased-tips/

Dont know re kayaking but the larger sheltered bays would be a good start: Nepean Bay, American river area etc. Heaps of other places, likely more weather dependent. Note the Sanctuary Zones.

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/marineparks/find-a-park/kangaroo-island/encounter

Not long now, we leave this arvo. Just a couple more quick questions. When it comes to bag limits is a canoe considered to be a boat? Also, are bag limits a daily thing or a total possession thing? For example, let's say I have the best fishing of my life and bag out on more than one day (incredibly unlikely), can I come home with an esky full of flathead fillets, or squid or whatever? Also, if It's possible I plan on entering a river from public land and paddling up it to try for Marron. Is this legal? And what to use for bait?