Onkaparinga DISASTER IN THE MAKING?

In old nourlunga on the western side of the old bridge couple of excavator are making a dam across the the onky I was notified on my facebook page from the onkaparinga rivers fishers site also a couple of photos showing whats happening. doe'st look good in my book. anybody know whats going on?

I think you will find it is temporary, they are restoring the steel work & concrete pillars of the bridge. Pass over the bridge every day & it looks like they have vibrated sheet pilings to create a dry area from tidal flow while they work on the concrete pillars. The notification we got in the mail from the council said that it would be completed, I think from memory, by the end of April. Once restoration is completed they will probably remove pilings & excavate the filled in area. They have done a fair bit of sand blasting on the underside of the bridge to recoat the steel work, I think that side of it is finished but as of yet havn't walked over there for a looksee.

We certainly know when they are driving pilings in as our pantry door rattles quite a bit

just a bit of an update, they started driving in sheet pilings on the eastern side of the bridge this morning, looks like most of the river channel will be restricted for a while. There is a lot of noise & vibration going into the water at the moment & the water near the bridge is devoid of fish life up & down stream of the bridge but there seems to be a lots of small stuff congregating from the railway bridge up to the bend into Old Noarlunga, might be worth a flick for mullys in this area while all the work is going on