squid recipes/pickling

Teamed up with Tristman and Jetman ,and went out for a squid session at point riley this morning launched the bertram with a strong easterly blowing but flat seas which put a smile on my dial.perfect for squidding .

arrived at the squid hole/ledge with only 3 pro's on it no verbles exchanged which was good .sounder was showing a lot of squid not bulling but thick.

jigs hit the water working in close around the 10 ft mark and drift out , bang ! instant action  with 6 biggies on board ,time for another drift,on the second drift i noticed that a lot of squid was on the follow and the pro's were going quite so we managed to pull the squid of them, as they were all anchored on the bull  ,anchored up and they left,had the bull to ourselves now, 6 drifts over the bull and ...

and one quote of good sized squids, 

prepare your squid ,i like mine tenderised as it takes on the flavours better and easy to chew on.

i only cook in salt water  from the sea ,so best to grab some mineral salt water. sterilise your jars ,you can use tablets but boiling water will do.

gather your spices i like to change it up in every jar.

only boil your squid in salt water .do not rinse with fresh just strain and let it cool so you can handle it

vineger and salt water only in the mix ,and if you pack the jars while the meat is warm it gives the jars that air tight pop when you open them to feast like a king ...https://youtu.be/BmMz3ift--Q cheers JAYMAN.

Im no robin hood but have many good friends that are not to well off in wallarroo and gave a heap to a couple mates and there kids and same with snapper.when you drop a 10 kg snapper on there doorstep and there kids come running out with excitment .it is a good thing.everyone entitled to there own opinion or to speculate.

How many people do you employ to clean the squid?!?!?! 1/2 a dozen is enough for me to clean, bugger doing that many.

Really like the look of the pickled squid though, great write up.

Use a scaling bag.  Remove the head, cut about off about 1 cm above the bottom of the tube then tow behind the boat for a couple of minutes at 15 knots.   They come out clean as a whistle.

How many people do you employ to clean the squid?!?!?! 1/2 a dozen is enough for me to clean, bugger doing that many.

Use a scaling bag.  Remove the head, cut about off about 1 cm above the bottom of the tube then tow behind the boat for a couple of minutes at 15 knots.   They come out clean as a whistle.

I've heard this but not tried it yet, now if their was only some sure fire way of beheading and removing the feather without busting the ink sack I'd be even more pleased...Squid is a pita to clean

I've heard this but not tried it yet, now if their was only some sure fire way of beheading and removing the feather without busting the ink sack I'd be even more pleased...Squid is a pita to clean

Nice squid there , how long do they keep for .

SeaSeacol  I lay mine on there back this opens the tube a bit

slide my knife in keeping it well high in the tube and not too deep

on the blade and cut tube open this leaves all guts flat . pull the

head lifting it up and dragging it toward's the bottom of tube ,all

entrails including ink sack wiil come off with head ,then simply

cut the head off for bait , bin the rest ,the spine will still be there

which will pull out once you get a nail under it ,turn it over

drive a nail under flaps and pull em off ,youll need to give a little

wash but no ink .