Thai Fish Cakes!!!

Thai fish cakesServing size: Serves 4Also a Lactose free dish![i:yqjvd175]INGREDIENTS[/i:yqjvd175]400g boneless white fish fillets, roughly chopped 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste2 teaspoons grated palm sugar2 teaspoons fish sauce1 tablespoon tamarind water or 1 teaspoon tamarind extract4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped finely80g snake or round beans, thinly sliced1 small red capsicum, cut into a small dice, optionaloil for shallow frying? cup castor sugar? cup white vinegar2 large red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped1 small Lebanese cucumber, de-seeded and finely chopped[i:yqjvd175]METHOD[/i:yqjvd175]Place fish in a food processor along with the curry paste, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind water (made from 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp, soaked in a little boiling water 10 minutes and strained) or tamarind extract. Pulse in processor until smooth.Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the lime leaves, beans and capsicum.Divide the mixture into 8 balls. Shape into (flat) patty shapes.Heat enough oil in a wok or high-sided frying pan, to come up the sides of fish cakes. Cook the fish cakes (2-3 minutes) each side until golden and only just cooked through.Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.[i:yqjvd175]To make the dipping sauce[/i:yqjvd175]Place the sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring over low heat, until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, cool, and refrigerate until chilled. Stir through chilli and cucumber, reserve until needed.Ok thats all for tonight folks, spent most of the day getting sun-burnt off the break water at outer-harbour, and the fish being fussy eaters...