How do you tie/connect your braid to you swivel

Have been taking a few seasoned reco's out for fishing session over the past few years and some not knowing certain knots to connect[. and though i would put this one up as one of the best knot's to connect braids/lines to your swivels, lures etc.. all recos should have a wide variety of knot tying skills and the palomar will impove you catch rate especially when it comes down to braided lines being connected to swivels,attachment=20185:20150222_102616.jpg] hope this one helps a few reco's , and i would mainly use on your bait rigs ,cheers 

Very helpful post

How do you find the running sinker attachment running up and down the braid, I thought it would cause the braid the rub and go fluffy and weaken the braid.

I've always tied a small leader to my braid and then attached the rig to that. I've always thought maybe to many connections but thought braid direct to swivel etc was a no no

Heavy stuff I've been using

Bimini>Ducknose>Leader>Solid ring>Hook trace

Light stuff

Braid>Albright>6ft mono>swivel>hook trace

Sinker always running above the swivel but on mono as opposed to braid as I'm paranoid

What sort of knot is that? "Duck knows".

I had to look that one up. I call that a Bristol Knot from netknots.com. I use that on heavy gear as well to a bimini some of the time. I mostly use a Yucatan knot as "supposedly" it is the strongest bimini braid to leader knot. Both the Bristol and Yucatan are dead easy to tie as well. Slim beauty and albrights are way beyond my capabilty to tie, especially in a rocking boat in the wind.

The best advice I have ever seen or been given is regardless of the knot learn to tie it well and lubricate when tightening. Then test it before trying to catch a fish on it.

Even though with braid I sweat over making my biminis and yucatan/bristol knots perfect with medium/heavy line even if I tied a spider hitch for a double the way I fish I would not come near to breaking that knot - if I tied it carefully and correctly. I lose fish for a variety of reasons but hate it when you now you did something shoddy. I think most of my fish lost recently is not checking snap swivels correctly, lost some good lures and fish the way.

Heavy stuff I've been using

Bimini>Ducknose>Leader>Solid ring>Hook trace

Light stuff

Braid>Albright>6ft mono>swivel>hook trace

Sinker always running above the swivel but on mono as opposed to braid as I'm paranoid

What sort of knot is that? "Duck knows".

I had to look that one up. I call that a Bristol Knot from netknots.com. I use that on heavy gear as well to a bimini some of the time. I mostly use a Yucatan knot as "supposedly" it is the strongest bimini braid to leader knot. Both the Bristol and Yucatan are dead easy to tie as well. Slim beauty and albrights are way beyond my capabilty to tie, especially in a rocking boat in the wind.

Yeah I sometimes use a Yucatan as well. I find the ablrbight, Yucatán and Ducknose are relatively similar and I haven't compared the knots to one another thoroughly enough yet to determine which is smaller and stronger. Although the ducknose is very thin so travels through guides well.