Descisions descisions descisions

I have a dilemma and a new addiction { nothing new there :rolleyes: }

There was a time when I went went fishing with just 2 rods and reels...one for top fishing and one for bottom fishing, then I started reading fishing mags and forum reports and am now possessed with choices ...just in case. I

I have now resorted to being eccentric in my perceived needs and now on the boat I take..............

1 one rigged for Gar and Tommies

1  rigged for Whiting { little used so far }

1 for Snapper or the like { wishfull thinking ;)  }

1 rigged for Squid

1 rigged for light spinning for Snook, Salmon trout, Flathead and the like

1 rigged for heavier trolling/spinning for things thta exist in my dreams.

Probably should have one rigged for surface fishing for Gummy Shark or the like

.and then there is a couple of Snook Paravane rigs on spools...........and I'm still not sure if that's enough to cover all bases arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

My name is Colin and I have a problem................. and I think I need a bigger rocket launcher set on the boat ....and then a bigger boat :rolleyes:

a bigger boat or theres a new invention called SWIZZLES mate lol ;) 

i got a 2nd tackle box full of pre rigged traces so EG.. if garfish start busting up on the surface i can hook up a snook rig in secons ;)

some say my boat is a mess and needs a good clean but actualy its just got everything i will ever need in it ;)

its a fishing boat and thats how it gets used B)

Ideally I think a floating tackle shop would be the go.....and if we had the money I think all fishos  would have one....never short of bait...break something..doesn't matter...got everything...lol

Now there's a good idea to have in fisherman heaven...if only we all lived and fished on a big placid lagoon there could be a floating tackleshop, come bar come mini-mart. Pull your boat up alongside, grab a pie n' sauce and a couple of coldies, chat to your mates for fishing tips and restock on bait and tackle..............I wish I wish I wish :D

You can never have enough 2-4kg rods. They just start piling up everywhere eventually, then you go try and snap them on big carp and hardly ever do :(

Been trying 1-3kg rods and 1000 size reels on 6-7kg carp.......still can't snap them.

Last time I did snap a rod was from high sticking to get a carp in the net.

Once the fishing tackle addiction takes over it's a hard habit to stop. The inner tacklerat seems to emerge. Lookout bank balance!!!!!! Hahaha

I know I have a problem when I go to lengths to conceal my latest purchase from the wife......difficult when she decides to come out in the boat for an outing, or notices the rod rack beginning to sag.

Yes I know what you are all saying , I went into the tackle shop 2 years back , and told the missus , just getting some worms n gents ,and walked out with a Abu Garcia 7000ic3, loaded with 40lb braid and a muscle stick , value 400.....roughly ....hhhhmmmmm, funny thing I , only used it last week for the first time ,  still fishless with it .......haaahaaaaaaaaa......love it though... :P.

.​ 

Certainly helps if the wife fishes. A few years back mine convinced me that I should spend $300 on a new whiting rig, it's more than paid for itself over the years and the reel is now needing some TLC. If you buy Pfleuger make sure it's salt water and braid compatible, mine now needs a new spool, lucky it came with a spare carbon fibre one which is about to be pressed into service.

Of course by convincing me that I needed an expensive combo then shortly after, SHE needed one as well,.

Now, I think she needs to convince me to get a new Snapper outfit!!!!!!!!

Cash is King, take out smallish amounts & hide in old fishing tackle box, hahaha she never looks in there

Hahaha, even harder to conceal highend gear purchases, another good tip for concealment is the old laybuy, gives you some time to chip away at it, hahaha. Don't blame me though if you get caught running the gauntlet. hahaha

hahaha.......Never knew fishermen were so friggin' devious......I like it !

Yes I know what you are all saying , I went into the tackle shop 2 years back , and told the missus , just getting some worms n gents ,and walked out with a Abu Garcia 7000ic3, loaded with 40lb braid and a muscle stick , value 400.....roughly ....hhhhmmmmm, funny thing I , only used it last week for the first time ,  still fishless with it .......haaahaaaaaaaaa......love it though... :P.

.​ 

You are a nasty bugga lol lol....are you open to blackmail by chance ? :D