Expensive Crabs

Went for a Sunday drive to Thompsons Beach today, not crabbing or the like, just for a cruise.

Seen someone drive way out onto the mudflats presumably to get closer to the crabbing action.....not something I would do. No idea who it was or if there was any dramas in doing so, but really makes you wonder about buying secondhand 4WD's sometimes ;)

Was chatting with one of the locals patrolling the area who was telling me they get a lot of cars hopelessly bogged, 8 so far this summer, one suffering extensive damage from front wheels being torn off as it was being winched out of the mud. Seems there is some money to be had retrieving bogged vehicles down that way, and one of the locals charges $800.00 fro retrieval fees and if the car need towing to Dublin for repair there is another $200.00 to load it onto a vehicle trailer.

Not for me thanks !

{ must say there were so many people out crabbing from Thompsons to Port Parham it's makes you wonder just how many they catch between so many hopefulls }

Thompsons beach 1 - Copy.jpg

Went raking for crabs for the first time recently at Pt Gawler.

Plenty of undersize crabs, but we struggled to get many much bigger than minimum legal size.

Must agree with you on the amount of crabbers going out there, makes you wonder if the blue swimmer populations can survive the impact at times.

Even jetties and breakwaters seem crowded with fishing folks a lot of the time these days.

Are there enough fish and crabs to keep everyone satisfied?

He bought a Jeep..........

hahaha.....a loser in more ways than one then

yer not real smart mate lol,,if i go raking these days i pull up in the boat jump out and rake around the boat..it use to be a hard slog back in the day especialy when u got ya bag and turn around for the long drag back lol

Good thinking Bob, and I'm with you about mud trudging from shore raking days are over