February comp/ Fishing with Weaver

Hi guys ,

I have been talking with Bjorn about getting a Feb photo comp going where the prize is a day out with me on the river chasing callop on lures.

The time and date will be mutually agreed upon so lets see you best  pics for your February fishing efforts fresh or salt, Can be sunrise/set pics, big fish, rare catch oddball etc

Winner will be chosen by me at the end of the month so lets get the party started!

As with every competition Strike & Hook runs, a detailed report is required to win the monthly prize. A picture here or there in a single thread alone isnt what we are after, we want lots of people sharing their adventures in some adventure :) Whether you caught fish or not, what tips you could give to novice, a few pictures as well. The aim of these comps is to get people out fishing and make the forum tick over with reports full of information to fill the site with more knowledge :)

Also we are very thankful for Weavers generosity, a session aboard his boat is not one to missed given his angling prowess.

Ventured out this morning, with no plan at all, which was evident by the results at Noon. Packed light, just some Zman soft plastics and a light rod, very handy when moving constantly. After having a flick around West Lakes, Outer Harbour, North Haven, and Snowdens, I found myself in the middle of Port Adelaide. Plenty of fish at each spot, just not interested in my fake bait.    Finally found a huge school of small  ST's, managed about 5 in quick succession and then called it a day. DSC_0041.JPG

One fish however, had this huge gut on it, very abnormal relevant to the size of the fish, so thought I would share a pic.  

DSC_0038.JPG

Small fish are always better than no fish!

Cheers.

A few catties from the Torrens in the last month.

1 from another stretch, completely different colour to the ones closer to home!!

All on bait, while fishing for carp.... Bread, earthworms... And a couple on yabbie tail.

They're good sport on the 1lb gear!

But do seem to burn themselves out after the first big run.

There's definately no shortage of them around the city!! Think my best this month was 5 in an hour.

Might have to try a lure or two some time for them!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DO we post our report / story here or just anywhere on form.

As with every competition Strike & Hook runs, a detailed report is required to win the monthly prize. A picture here or there in a single thread alone isnt what we are after, we want lots of people sharing their adventures in some adventure :) Whether you caught fish or not, what tips you could give to novice, a few pictures as well. The aim of these comps is to get people out fishing and make the forum tick over with reports full of information to fill the site with more knowledge :)

Also we are very thankful for Weavers generosity, a session aboard his boat is not one to missed given his angling prowess.

;) It's a lot easier to pick a winner from a separate report than to post pictures in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...