Boat license options

Howdy people :)

I'm ready to get my boat license and Im wondering if there are any courses or such that offer some theory and some practical experience then you are offered the license at the end of it....not your usual in the room 20 question test so to speak....something more comprehensive?

Ive heard of a course before that guarantees the license at end of the day its a mix or theory and boating on the water with the instructor showing launching,loading,maintenence etc tips.

I just want to have a bit more knowledge before hitting the water as Ive never fished in a boat consistently nor know anyone with one to help with the ropes so to speak.

Any direction much appreciated ;)

Looking forward to bumping into some of you at the ramps etc.

I did mine with Capt Bouc at his home on Woolnough Rd Semaphore about 5 yrs ago at $90.00, I think it has risen a bit in price now.

Was theory in a group reading through the book with Q & A. Then the exam while he cooked a BBQ lunch. Then self marked the test with the Capt and any wrong answers were doubly explained and corrected. Then BBQ lunch and of to Garden Island for a couple of hours playing in his boat and then given paperwork for motor reg. I don't have his details anymore sorry.

The Sea Rescue at West Beach offer a comprehensive seaman's course over a number of weeks and guarantee a boat licence on completion. Included in the course is time on the water. I have had a boat licence for more than 20 years, retired and doing the course, first night last week and have gained knowledge already.

Contact is Stephen, phone 0413 133 778.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...