To Crab or not to Crab

Planning on going out in the boat Wednesday with my brother primarily to seek out some crabs around the Brighton  area weather permitting, seen a fellow come back with lots last week from the region so they are there somewhere ?

The problem is the tides look rubbish on the day, and worse the next day, but the forecast is good for Wednesday..... do Crabs rely on tide much to be available from the boat using hoop nets ? ........... if you were in my shoes would you go despite tide or wait till the following week ?

I say go matey if you get crabs you do , if you don't , well I bet you will love being on the water anyway , and you can have a play on the bottom and troll and squid and list goes on.........I am just jealous , as my boat is being repaired , but tomorrow I will pick my baby up ...cant wait ..     :D

as I don't know about crabs a whole lot , I think you will do ok ..... ;)

Planning on going out in the boat Wednesday with my brother primarily to seek out some crabs around the Brighton  area weather permitting, seen a fellow come back with lots last week from the region so they are there somewhere ?

The problem is the tides look rubbish on the day, and worse the next day, but the forecast is good for Wednesday..... do Crabs rely on tide much to be available from the boat using hoop nets ? ........... if you were in my shoes would you go despite tide or wait till the following week ?

Just do it Colin as Softy said better to be out on the H20 and you will get a good # mate.

V goodly, I'm convinced, I'll go....now the next decision will be to take out the legal 3 crab nets + fishing gear for a Squid or two, or take out the max number of nets and leave the rods home....why is life so difficult to decide :wacko:

Trying to get my head around the legal limits on Crabs from a boat in Gulf of St Vincent ?

So, it's 20 per person per day from shore, got that ;) but I'm a little confused with boat regulations, some of the google links seem unclear.... for 2 people on board is the boat limit 40 per boat , or is it 60 ? ...or does the 60 per boat only apply if three persons are on board ?

V goodly, I'm convinced, I'll go....now the next decision will be to take out the legal 3 crab nets + fishing gear for a Squid or two, or take out the max number of nets and leave the rods home....why is life so difficult to decide :wacko:

Trying to get my head around the legal limits on Crabs from a boat in Gulf of St Vincent ?

So, it's 20 per person per day from shore, got that ;) but I'm a little confused with boat regulations, some of the google links seem unclear.... for 2 people on board is the boat limit 40 per boat , or is it 60 ? ...or does the 60 per boat only apply if three persons are on board ?

3 nets / person so this means if you have say 4 people you can have 12 nets But max crabs allowed is 60. If there are only 2 people = 6 nets and 40 crabs.