New Bag limits and Size Limits

Sorry guys and gals

Did not know where to put this but I have been working to produce an alternative to the new proposals. I have been involved with Recfish and other organisations to put this proposal forward. ATM I have 67,453 signatures on this proposal which includes small businesses in the country, Rec fishers, people coming into the shop, Tourism organisations, caravan parks, local businesses, etc. The aim is try to get a united amount of fisherman willing to do their part, opposed to the alternative.

We are scheduled for our metro meeting tomorrow night and if we are not united we suffer their alternative.

Happy to take any issues on hand

Proposed Bag and Size Limit Changes Petition.pdf

PIRSA has proposed increasing the legal size limit on mulloway taken in marine waters, which I have no issue with, but they are leaving the minimum size and bag limits within the Coorong as they stand.

It seems like poor management to allow immature fish to be removed from their nursery area, and at a rate 5 times greater than that in other waters. Ideally I would love to see a slot limit introduced, where anglers can keep a fish that has had an opportunty to breed at least once, but also protect the really large breeders that will insure the future of the species.

I would also like to see the end of netting within the Coorong, but that's a much more difficult battle I fear.

Good work on taking the initiative B crusher.

Question begs, what ever happened to SAFA, did they even eventuate? I havnt seen anything about them in relation to this issue or others.

This time last year there was a whole heap of talk about the next big thing in representation, backing $$$$ from the commercial sector, big new premises.

Good question Jay R,

I asked a similar thing re SAFA representation at last nights Wallaroo meeting.

Result...donut !!

But I do have my new membership card !!

Have mine too but that's all I've got for the membership. Expensive card. LOL

I am having the changes made to the proposal that people wanted done to make it a an agreement to negotiation.

Question begs, what ever happened to SAFA, did they even eventuate? I havnt seen anything about them in relation to this issue or others.

This time last year there was a whole heap of talk about the next big thing in representation, backing $$$$ from the commercial sector, big new premises.

If you go to the SAFA FB page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Australian-Fishing-Alliance/775479249198686  which has been going for a considerable time, you will find answers to your questions.

As to backing from the commercial sector, very unlikely if you examine the SAFA position and their numerous posts on the present bag/size limits topic.

Thanks for that, don't spend much time on Facebook, and if that's all they have, I'm not surprised I missed it.

The page looks really slow in terms of social media, just a whole heap of copy and pasted articles with not much else.

The preparations for tonites forum also look rather lack lustre from the few comments on there!! :o  :o

Oh well, good work to those that have spent time doing something constructive in regards to this, what ever their opinion is.

I agree with 90% of your proposal(at least we have one)

I don't think the crab quota should drop to 20 i would be happy for 30 statewide,you have to remember most are catching them for families so 20 doesn't go far.Its making a few people millionaires but shafting the \Recs imo

I don't fish for Bloodworms but considering there are Billions of the buggers that spawn from all around the state i don't accept a limit is needed,this 4 litres per fisher might be more to do with the pro's who fish them and the tackle trade eh??you have first hand info from Hoops and co as to how many they need for a years fishing.

cheers b

Where is SAFA, you have to be kidding ? We now have the biggest reach, of any representative group. Unlike others, we have many avenues to reach us.

Be assured we are working hard, and all will be revealed soon.

Those that decided early in the piece to make, outrageous claims about us, are about to eat their lies. And sorry, we abandoned this forum, due to personal attacks.

We will be at tonight's meeting, see you there !

Thanks for that, don't spend much time on Facebook, and if that's all they have, I'm not surprised I missed it.

The page looks really slow in terms of social media, just a whole heap of copy and pasted articles with not much else.

The preparations for tonites forum also look rather lack lustre from the few comments on there!! :o  :o

Oh well, good work to those that have spent time doing something constructive in regards to this, what ever their opinion is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even one so obviously biased as yours.  The page is providing a direct link to all relevant topics of interest to anglers.  It is not a Forum.  However at least SAFA is promoting attendance at tonight's meeting, and irrespective of your "opinion" on the aesthetics of the FB page (somewhat, if not totally irrelevant) not many of the main angler organisations like RFSA are even bothering to mention the metro meeting is on today, where a huge number of anglers can attend.

Nevertheless your acknowledgement of people working to improve the position of rec anglers is noted and appreciated.

And sorry, we abandoned this forum, due to personal attacks.

With respect Graham, if you (SAFA) have made the decision to abandon the forum, why respond in this thread?  

Either be part of the forum and share the information that comes from SAFA openly, and deal with any negative or constructive criticism (that may or may not eventuate) professionally, or don't share anything at all with us.  

I'm not sure what value really comes from telling us SAFA is doing a great job representing rec fisherman...... but in the next sentence imply SAFA won't have anything to do with this rec fishing forum? 

Cheers.

That was a very poor turnout at the meeting. I'd say there were about 120, and plenty of empty chairs.

On the blood worm issue:-

Since the runs occur over several days that can be predicted well in advance and occur in a very limited number of locations, suggest that PIRSAconcentrate their resources on closely monitoring the catch during the coming June/July events, and base any restrictions that may be needed on the result of that monitoring. Defer any action on bloodworm restrictions until data collection has been completed by PIRSA.

Just for once, let's act on indisputable and known fact, rather than "information received".

How about it PIRSA?

RJ

Who knows KG?

Personally I suspect that it might have something to do with the perennial "leave it to someone else" syndrome that exists within rec fishing in SA, in combination with the assertions of  some groups (primarily SAFA and RFSA) that they will provide representation on behalf of everyone.

If that was the case at last night's meeting, and both groups were actually providing representation at an organisational level, it certainly wasn't obvious. I did not hear one member of the audience identify themselves as a member of either SAFA or RFSA during question time.

Probably many other reasons for low attendance as well, but that's how I see it. Groups who claim to represent need to actually do it.

Cheers,

RJ

Who knows KG?

Personally I suspect that it might have something to do with the perennial "leave it to someone else" syndrome that exists within rec fishing in SA, in combination with the assertions of  some groups (primarily SAFA and RFSA) that they will provide representation on behalf of everyone.

If that was the case at last night's meeting, and both groups were actually providing representation at an organisational level, it certainly wasn't obvious. I did not hear one member of the audience identify themselves as a member of either SAFA or RFSA during question time.

Probably many other reasons for low attendance as well, but that's how I see it. Groups who claim to represent need to actually do it.

Cheers

With respect Graham, if you (SAFA) have made the decision to abandon the forum, why respond in this thread?  

Either be part of the forum and share the information that comes from SAFA openly, and deal with any negative or constructive criticism (that may or may not eventuate) professionally, or don't share anything at all with us.  

I'm not sure what value really comes from telling us SAFA is doing a great job representing rec fisherman...... but in the next sentence imply SAFA won't have anything to do with this rec fishing forum? 

Cheers.

I was alerted to the conversation here. 

SAFA is run from the ground up by its members. On this bag issue, we have a massive reach. The lies that claim we are anything but recreational fisherman, were perpetrated by the DRFC, and supported by the peak body. In fact a senior member of the DRFC lost his position, over these false claims !

Who knows KG?

Cheers,

RJ

Why don't you tell the truth. Where was RFSA ? Oh yeah, they had the arrogance to have their General meeting on the same night !

Who knows KG?

Cheers

Cheers.

I was alerted to the conversation here.  And no I was forced to leave this forum, because of a wave of false allegations.

SAFA is run from the ground up by its members. On this bag issue, we have a massive reach. The lies that claim we are anything but recreational fisherman, were perpetrated by the DRFC, and supported by the peak body. In fact a senior member of the DRFC lost his position, over these false claims !

That's rubbish, and you know it Graham. The DRFC said nothing of the kind.

One member of the DRFC made personal statements about SAFA on his own behalf and without any kind of knowledge, approval or agreement by the DRFC.

He subsequently resigned from the DRFC, and the events around his resignation are the concern of himself and the DRFC, and no-one else.

Whatever RFSA have said in relation to SAFA has nothing whatever to do with the DRFC.

Perhaps the DRFC will choose to respond to your claims.

I'm reminding you of what actually happened, but sadly I'm no longer a member of the DRFC and the group should speak for themselves.

This is a waste of everyone's time Graham. There's work to be done

RJ

Let's not start this kind of stuff up again. Strike Hook has been a much better place without all of the argumentative, political, slinging of crap at each other.

SAFA, you have a dedicated section of the forum to post in where no one else can comment. If you don't use that section it is up to you. RecFishSA, PIRSA, DRFC all have dedicated sections of the site where they can post and no one else can comment.

The restrictions were put in place so there wouldn't be any stupid, keyboard warrior, arguments. Political discussion is still restricted on Strike Hook. This was caused by member behaviour. If you want to argue and point fingers, go elsewhere.

Keep Strike Hook a friendly, fun environment where we talk about actual fishing and it will flourish as is proven since the political topic ban.

Yelliwtail, we will assume you missed the post by Strike Hook Admin above. 

Let's not start this kind of stuff up again. Strike Hook has been a much better place without all of the argumentative, political, slinging of crap at each other.

SAFA, you have a dedicated section of the forum to post in where no one else can comment. If you don't use that section it is up to you. RecFishSA, PIRSA, DRFC all have dedicated sections of the site where they can post and no one else can comment.

The restrictions were put in place so there wouldn't be any stupid, keyboard warrior, arguments. Political discussion is still restricted on Strike Hook. This was caused by member behaviour. If you want to argue and point fingers, go elsewhere.

Keep Strike Hook a friendly, fun environment where we talk about actual fishing and it will flourish as is proven since the political topic ban.