A super easy fish curry is one of my faves. Korma is a mild curry that lets the fish flavour to carry thru.

I usually use vac-packed salmon, but an otherwise great way of using up those ‘mystery fillets’ that appear out of the depths of the freezer from time to time.

Ingredients:

• 500g diced fish
  • 2-3 tbls korma paste
  • 2 onions, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 tsp ginger, minced
  • 1cup chicken/fish stock
  • ½ tin crushed tomatoes
  • ¼ cup Coconut cream
  • Oil

ingredeints.jpg

Method:

• Fry onions and garlic add ginger and paste and fry for a minute or so, until aromatic.
  • Turn down low, add stock& tomato and simmer for ½ hr or so, reducing until it thickens & just starts to stick.
  • Stir in coconut cream.
  • Turn the stove off and stir in the fish. Cover with lid and leave on the stove.
  • Stir after a minute and check fish is cooked.
  • Serve with steamed rice & pappadams.

Hints:

• I use Sharwood’s korma paste from the supermarket as I’ve found it to be lowest in sodium, so not overpoweringly salty like some are.
  • Coconut cream of a fat content >20% gives a great texture & flavour. Personal taste tho. Never cook coconut cream/milk for long as it will separate into a gross oil slick.
  • The residual heat cooks the fish. I find there’s enough heat on my ceramic cook top, may need a bit more on gas/induction, may need to take off an electric element/plate stove.

fish curry.jpg

Fish Korma.pdf

This time i found a jar of Goan Eggplant Pickle, i made last year. :censored: magic :wub:

Goan eggplant pickle.pdf