While Im out of action any leads on Reels below 1000 size do any tackle stores in Adelaide handle smaller than 100 size .

I am aware if i can mention Ray and Annes have the same 750 im using nd another one in the shimano range .

Does any other shop have under a 1000 size 

I personally wouldn't fish with a 500, 1000 and even some 1500's Micky...

The main reason being line twist, which Leeds to air knots.

The smaller you're spool, the more line twist and air knots as a result you will get!

Also, seriously reduces you're casting distance having a smaller spool! (There are some exceptions with the tall skinny distance spools)

But then you still have the first issue.

I find a 2000 is just right! Even 2500... Depending on how much you want to spend in regards to how light the bigger 2500 is.

If you have the money, I believe some daiwa's like the certate can change from a 1500 to a 2000 from memory.

But if you're like me.... That's alittle out of my price range.

I got a new luvias for Christmas from my beautiful wife, and I'm loving it!

The only main difference, besides the interchangeable sized spools the certate has, (and an extra 4-6 bb's) is that the certate has a ridiculous amount of drag pressure for its size! But honestly, taking into account that drag (for mono) should be no more than 1/3 of the lines breaking strain... And the 2000 certate has something radical oud like 15kg (from memory, roughly or more) ... That means you can fish 45kg breaking strain mono on it at its full drag setting!? What on earth for??? If you matched a 2000 reel with even a 20kg rod... You wouldn't even need to use it to see how radiculous the idea is!

Anyway, my luvias has very nice drag, and very fine adjustment increments! ... Ie, 1 full revolution is only afew grams extra! Took me a while to get used to that as my previous reels, would be atleast a kg of extra pressure for one revolution.

Shallow spools are IMO much better suited for landbased to! As you're always casting, and they're offer better casting range.

Also don't cost a fortune to fill with braid.

Unless you're targeting mulloway over 10kgs, you shouldn't need more than 200 meters. So deep spools would be more hassle than anything! ESP after loosing abit of line from air knots and tangles! Starts to dramatically reduce you're casting range!

Anyway, that's my opinion and experience.

Good to see you posting again mate! Hope you're recovering well!

Hopefully will see you posting some big bluenoses again soon!

Actually I had a chat with someone over the line spooling issues . Went into the tackle shop after I stripped the line got a new 6lb braid and a 4ib spin fluorocarbon . Spin Fluorocarbon can work with plastics not easy but I've landed fish .

I do have memory issues but I do recall telling the tackle shop guy something to do with too much spooled or not enough .

Since then no spool issues with the 750

My goal a larger fish landed on a 750 or 1000 or a 500 if I can get one .

And from my bad memory I've watched ET on fox saying use a 1000 reel go light was an old show

Thanks

Aquatic research 1 thanks I started my fishing catching carp in the torrens . Fishing wasn't a big thing in my family taught myself .

I'm 53 now when I was 16 or 17 or 18 memory issues . I know at 16 year 12 walk across the foot bridge to Underdale high school could see some very very long carp .

Not certain they are that big anymore

And by my mums house I'd be bothered lol

Cheers

When I can fish again I'll keep it in mind