Unfortunate dilema buying tackle

G'day

Looking at buying a least one maybe two gaffs.  Decided to go for a large hookem, checked the website for SA dealers with a view to going there and buying.  Rang to check stock and prices, the one for me quoted at $179

The dilemma -  I can get one delivered to my door from queensland for $115

I made my decision, but not happy choices.  I know from personal experience that business is not all beer and skittles, but ...............

I don't mind paying a bit of a premium to cover local service but.........

Cheers

Rod

Top shot gaffs are widely regarded as the best even in the USA.

I certainly don't disagree and Steve is a very knowledgeable guy

My choice though was a compromise that hopefully I will be happy with ie 2 x hookem gaffs

I like the saying, buy the best and cry once, but hopefully second best (by a wide margin admittedly) will do

Cheers
Rod

Have you explained you can get it from Qld & asked them to try to close the gap in price? Should always try to support the locals but they should also try to support you.

G'day

The gap was so wide I didn't think it was worth it and ordered 2 hookem's one 1500 x 4" and one 1500 x 3" $205 delivered

Cheers

Rod

I love to support a local but it is a bit sad that they cant even start with being vaguely competitive!  No questions id  be voting with my wallet too and go elsewhere!

Have you explained you can get it from Qld & asked them to try to close the gap in price? Should always try to support the locals but they should also try to support you.

G'day

The gap was so wide I didn't think it was worth it and ordered 2 hookem's one 1500 x 4" and one 1500 x 3" $205 delivered

Cheers

Rod

Man that's pretty good service, especially once you add the 'over size' postage.

Underpants ahaha you have to be joking right... they are the best gaffs money can buy.. fiberglass with rope grips marine grade stainless.. people dont buy them from overseas for no reason.. like sayin you want tiagra preformance for the price of a penn senator

Nothing sad about steves work mate thats why half the serious game fishos have his very own status rods and run his topshot gaffs and outriggers

Sorry underpants dont mind my rant if you were tlking about locals with a high price for hookems

LOL :P  Was just about to clarify that one!

Also was going to add that your recommendation of a Topshot should be highly regarded, given your love of the toothys.....not to mention ballsy Crazy Horse ventures!