That's interesting keen fisho I need a 7 ft rod to cast further I've a Diawa 6ft9 rod doesn't cast as far as a shimano 7 ft

Mind you I haven't paid huge amounts

I saw on the Diawa fishing show on fox a 7 ft 6 rod guides same material as the rod .

But I tried in Adelaide never had it tried to offer me a different Diawa rod 600 or 700 bucks too much for me

Veritas & Trion are good value rods and should suit well. However for that price range I'd be having a look at the Gen Blacks too. Will add that I have no experience with any of those 3.

Personally, I don't like the Veritas 'cause it is 'white' & don't like the Trion 'cause of the 'cork' :rolleyes: !

Have had a in-store fiddle with the Gen Blacks and recon one would replace my current 1-3kg, if the need arose. 

I have an Abu veritable 7'2 2-4kg that I used to use on the flats. I don't use it much anymore as I use my Azuza 1-3kg 6' bream stick that is lighter and I can cast further.

That Azusa's a sweet stick, but a different price bracket!

http://www.azusa.com.au/products.htm

That's interesting keen fisho I need a 7 ft rod to cast further I've a Diawa 6ft9 rod doesn't cast as far as a shimano 7 ft

Mind you I haven't paid huge amounts

I saw on the Diawa fishing show on fox a 7 ft 6 rod guides same material as the rod .

But I tried in Adelaide never had it tried to offer me a different Diawa rod 600 or 700 bucks too much for me

Alas, there's a lot more to casting distance than length of rod! Action, balance, weight, reel matching, line......... :censored:  I wont pretend to understand how this works.

Can't get anything else with those specs for under $600.

You can get them online for around $320. Best rod I've ever owned!!

Micro guides, k guide first guide, no limit in its flex, super light, casts a mile, and I've had it fully loaded and broke 8lb leeder with it on a snag, no problem.

So it's got unbelievable stopping power, casts baits or lures even under a gram, hassle and tangle free with the micro guides and soft enough to fish 1-2lb, but strong enough, like I said, to break 8lb, fully loaded up.

I christened it on a 7kg carp on 4lb, that didn't even pull an inch of line off the reel.

Then spooled up with 1lb fire line, 2lb leeder, and landed a 10kg plus carp the next day.

Took it to Wallaroo too and smacked the yellowfin on it! It seriously casts as good as anything else in that class, if not better! And with plastics, light enough to feel bites through the rod, without a finger on the line while pausing.

Can't say enough good things about it!

image.png

image.jpeg

Can't go wrong with 7ft +! I personally like fishing as light a sinker as possible. And line ... It's surprising though that my fav stick for the lightest line I use, is also my fav for medium tackle class! Sill sends a full pilchard further than the rest of my light, light medium sticks, and way more backbone!!

Got an old raider myself (baitcaster)

Plenty power! Just not forgiving enough for me on lighter line for carp barbs. (As they often get the line hooked around them)

Get cut off far too often even on 6lb. The majorcraft is somehow softter, but even more stopping power than all my other rods...

I don't know how, but I know it achieves it.

Abit more pricey, but not comparing them to the AGS daiwa's.

Can't go wrong with 7ft +! I personally like fishing as light a sinker as possible. And line ... It's surprising though that my fav stick for the lightest line I use, is also my fav for medium tackle class! Sill sends a full pilchard further than the rest of my light, light medium sticks, and way more backbone!!

Got an old raider myself (baitcaster)

Plenty power! Just not forgiving enough for me on lighter line for carp barbs. (As they often get the line hooked around them)

Get cut off far too often even on 6lb. The majorcraft is somehow softter, but even more stopping power than all my other rods...

I don't know how, but I know it achieves it.

Abit more pricey, but not comparing them to the AGS daiwa's.

ive got a barra raider591 i use with my baitcaster which is good, but cant seem to get the light stuff out far enough with it! the bream spin combo coupled with a aernos 2500 is a total different ball game with light rigs/lures and soft plastics. 

Yeah, I've gone back to mono, or fluorocarbon formy chronarc baitcaster. Have problems with light baits with it using braid.

It bites into itself too much I find. Causes too many miss casts. Much better now after changing back! I normally lick my thumb too if I'm trying to get good distance. Just abit smoother slowing the drum down!

More of a novelty fishing bait casters landbased with bait I reckon! They do feel great for fighting fish!

But can be more hassle than they're worth in crosswind! But definately superior drags for xul fishing.

Pity they can cause more damage in backlash and birds nests... End up weakening you're line if you make a single bad cast sometimes