First smoking trial

Poppa when you get to know your smoker you will love it as much as your wife and or friends.

I have the Hark 2 door and when I got it I used it every day, doing pork, chicken, turkey legs and of course fish.

The trick I found is the brine. Check online as you brine different and do the "rub" to suit the food you have chosen.

I use mine at least every week on something as you can not beat than smell and flavour. I do use a fair bit of fresh green rosemary  (got a large bush of it)

Cheers

@ Panga - yeah I researched brine last night, Was a bit worried when some say 2 hours some overnight? any first hand info greatly appreciated.

@ Underpants - same as above, the more hints/tips the better. I changed from West End to XXXX after 30 years coz I was getting gut aches?? and it was $4 a can at the bowls club (5 of us in a shout made the math easy) I dropped from 89 to 76 kg over 18 months with no exercise (stuffed knee & back) and I am putting the loss down to that. That's what I tell the wife, the more I drink the thinner I get  :d/  :d/  :d/  :d/

More to the point that West End is actually beer,and XXXX is just,well,whatever!

Old joke is "Why do Queenslanders call it XXXX"?.............because they can't spell BEER

To my taste,I'd rather drink Drano,and I'll drink just about anything.........each to their own though.

Anyway,back on topic........looks great mate,a banquet fit for a King.........enjoy

I used to drink anything but last month clocked up 6 alcohol free days.....not in a row, 6 since 1976.

as you say each to their own, I know people that drink Coopers! fermented Torrens water, well it smells & tastes like it. Now I've started an arguement

What do the X’s in XXXX mean? Back in the day, beer quality was measured in Xs. The brewery’s first brew produced was XXX Sparkling Ale, which was awarded three Xs. The results were promising, but something was missing. So in 1924, they perfected the recipe further, gaining a fourth X.

a good average for brine is keep putting in salt until an egg floats then add some sugar,smoking time depends on the heat and good sized salmon trout fillets take around 5 hours using a small gas burner and sawdust in a pan.These will keep for a few weeks.

cheers b

I used to drink anything but last month clocked up 6 alcohol free days.....not in a row, 6 since 1976.

as you say each to their own, I know people that drink Coopers! fermented Torrens water, well it smells & tastes like it. Now I've started an arguement

What do the X’s in XXXX mean? Back in the day, beer quality was measured in Xs. The brewery’s first brew produced was XXX Sparkling Ale, which was awarded three Xs. The results were promising, but something was missing. So in 1924, they perfected the recipe further, gaining a fourth X.

Oi thems fighting words. Just cause you like west end and xxxx doesn't mean you need to put down the best beer in the world

Coopers all the way for me

I won't stand for this blasphemy of gods beer!!!!

Oi thems fighting words. Just cause you like west end and xxxx doesn't mean you need to put down the best beer in the world

Coopers all the way for me

settle down, undies started the argument. anyway it's still home brewed swamp water

Hey i just omitted to drinking it in the past. Now i brew my own and it easily s**ts all over those mentioned above :D .

Apologies if i sent this topic off on a tangent :rolleyes: .

30cm ST fillets around 2hrs and its very important that when they come out that you let them dry out.They won't take on the smoke until they are dry

cheers b

Lay out them out on paper towel with newspaper underneath. Always surprised how much moisture is drawn out.