Hi all,

Thought I might share this with you all , as some of us are a bit short of money , and this little project cost me nothing, as I had some pvc pipe in the shed ( old beach rod holders ) , a hand full of rivets , and some galvanized strapping . The reason I made these is that , originally  I wanted the stainless steel rod holders , to hold 3 rods , 3 rods port side and 3 rods starboard , at the time all these were sold out and being impatient I opted for the other ones in the shop (BCF ) , the plastic type jobbies , they were a bit cheap looking , but I was going on a snapper mission that day , so grabbed them $37.50 each I think .

Anyway I tried them that day and was not impressed , moving left to right , and not a firm fit in the boat , so after that day thought I would take them back , for a refund .

Well they stayed in the shed for a month , and I thought I would muck around with them , to see if I could ,get them to do a decent job .

After a good few hours of cutting and shutting , still no good , ( good on me stuffed up the idea of taking them back derrrrrrrrrrr ) .

So threw them in the shed a forgot about them as I was not happy . I still wanted some rod holders , so thinking cap on , came up with these little jobbies , they might not last , but they sit firm as , don't move side to side and believe it or not they are strong , being reinforced on the underside with some strapping .

Pics attached .IMG_20160425_171435.jpgIMG_20160425_171344.jpgIMG_20160425_171354.jpgIMG_20160425_171406.jpgIMG_20160425_171909.jpg

Anyway it kept me busy for some time and I am happy as.....CHEERS

Yeah very happy .....nothing better than making something yourself,  and it is sound ,  and does the job for nicks...cant beat it in IMO ;)

I am going to my snapper spot in the next couple of weeks ,  so will send some pics as last 2 trips I have done well , ....and will try some plastics as well , cant wait...lol....... :P

I don't know what it is like to catch snapper on lures , but am excited to see how it goes , if they play...... ;)