I used the Savage Gear roadrunner in 3-6kg (maybe 3-5) before I managed to snap it (through my own fault)

I used it mainly for squidding and snooking with a 2500 reel on it and it performed pretty well. Didn't particularly like the guides, but the cork grips and overall design and feel were nice 

12392021_10153571687395141_2563855061285

12191494_10153506124455141_5725171045943

Balanced up well enough with a little 1000 size spin reel for freshwater fishing aswell

11951878_10153371950890141_8748126849354

Daiwa Gen Black Travel Rods you are looking around the $180 mark.  Uglystick do an travel rod to. yes it will be fibreglass but they are super strong and tough. 

You have Shakespeare slingshot travel rods aswell.

I only noted a couple off the top of my head and not sure if they do the model you are after. But it gives you an idea of whats around the place. If i think of anymore while i am at work ill put them up here. 

Hi ljackway

I have a raider travel rod that I use for my travel trips. I have the snapper spin 703 which is 5-8 kgs and 7'long,it's 3 piece in its case it measures 780mm. I used it on LHI last year where we backpack around to lb spots can really recommend them. Now it lives behind the seat in the ute just in case

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I thought this might trigger a few memories, wilda...

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/monster-bluefish-in-paradise

Love LHI :)

Cheers

af

Thanks everyone for the insightful responses. I ended up going with the shakespear slingshot. It is nice and sensitive and very very light 4 piece. Came with a case and ticks all the boxes.

Would have loved to go with a savage gear, or a shimano raider but unfortunately they weren't in stock at the place I went.

The gen black were just a little bit out of my pricerange, so thats why i didnt go for that.

Also now that i bought a cheaper rod for only 80$, I have money now to spend on a 1000 reel to make this a proper light gear set up!

• 2 weeks later...

The slingshot 4-piece has served me well for two years now - comes with spare tip and so easy to pack when I visit my parents in WA..

Ended up going with this rod. For the price, it is exactly what i am looking for. Very lightweight, although i am yet to use it. Also looking to pair it up with a 1000 reel, possibly a sedona.

The slingshot 4-piece has served me well for two years now - comes with spare tip and so easy to pack when I visit my parents in WA..

Ended up going with this rod. For the price, it is exactly what i am looking for. Very lightweight, although i am yet to use it. Also looking to pair it up with a 1000 reel, possibly a sedona.

Just picked up a 3000FE for $69.95. Funny tho as the 1000 is $79.95, would be free postage but you can get one locally for the same price.

http://www.sneakyfisho.com/fishing-reels/spin-fishing-reels.html?dir=asc&order=price

Just picked up a 3000FE for $69.95. Funny tho as the 1000 is $79.95, would be free postage but you can get one locally for the same price.

http://www.sneakyfisho.com/fishing-reels/spin-fishing-reels.html?dir=asc&order=price

Yeah one of my mates has the 2000 Sedona and I really like it. Just wanted to see if there was anything else that could contend with it in regards to price and quality, but ill probably just end up going with this reel. Cheers